Mestinon and Diplopia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,964 people who have side effects when taking Mestinon. Diplopia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Prednisone and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mestinon and have Diplopia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,964 people reported to have side effects when taking Mestinon.
Among them, 220 people (4.43%) have Diplopia.
What is Mestinon?
Mestinon has active ingredients of pyridostigmine bromide. It is used in myasthenia gravis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,288 Mestinon users.
What is Diplopia?
Diplopia (double vision) is found to be associated with 2,541 drugs and 1,865 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 30,728 people who have Diplopia.
Number of Mestinon and Diplopia reports submitted per year:
Time on Mestinon when people have Diplopia *:
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Mestinon*:
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Mestinon *:
Common drugs people take besides Mestinon *:
Common side effects people have besides Diplopia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mestinon and have Diplopia?Check whether Diplopia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
Mestinon side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Mestinon side effects (5,288 reports)
Diplopia treatments and more:
- Diplopia (30,728 reports)
Common drugs associated with Diplopia:
- Aspirin: 1,327 reports
- Prednisone: 1,235 reports
- Lyrica: 1,218 reports
- Tysabri: 947 reports
- Gabapentin: 920 reports
- Gilenya: 873 reports
- Methotrexate: 820 reports
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 776 reports
- Avonex: 766 reports
- Synthroid: 752 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Diplopia:
- Diplopia (2,541 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diplopia:
- Multiple sclerosis: 3,473 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,241 reports
- Pain: 1,028 reports
- Depression: 964 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 942 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Diplopia:
- Diplopia (1,865 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pyridostigmine bromide (the active ingredients of Mestinon) and Mestinon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norgestimate And Ethinyl Estradiol and Alprazolam drug interaction - now
- Nordette-28 and Folic Acid drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Temazepam and Carbohydrate Antigen 125 Increased - 8 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Respiratory Tract Haemorrhage - 11 seconds ago
- Lantus Solostar and Hearing Loss - 21 seconds ago
- Ubidecarenone and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Moxifloxacin and Buspirone Hcl drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Excoriation - 29 seconds ago
- Prelone and Actonel drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Fiorinal drug interaction - 31 seconds ago