Will you have Local swelling with Mestinon - from FDA reports
Local swelling is reported only by a few people who take Mestinon. We study 2,460 people who have side effects while taking Mestinon from FDA. Among them, 5 have Local swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Local swelling and more.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on pyridostigmine bromide (the active ingredients of Mestinon) and Mestinon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Local swelling are also considered in the study.
What is Mestinon?
Mestinon has active ingredients of pyridostigmine bromide. It is often used in myasthenia gravis. (latest outcomes from Mestinon 2,681 users)
What is Local swelling?
Local swelling (swelling at the site of some application of substance or injury) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, psoriatic arthropathy, pain (latest reports from 21,122 Local swelling patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,460 people reported to have side effects when taking Mestinon.
Among them, 5 people (0.2%) have Local swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Local swelling when taking Mestinon *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Local swelling when taking Mestinon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Supplementation Therapy: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hypotonia (low muscle tone): 1 person, 20.00%
- Bone Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat): 1 person, 20.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 20.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Humira: 2 people, 40.00%
- Xanax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Augmentin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Centrum Silver: 1 person, 20.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 20.00%
- Combivent: 1 person, 20.00%
- Allegra: 1 person, 20.00%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 40.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Viral Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fall: 1 person, 20.00%
- Joint Swelling: 1 person, 20.00%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastrointestinal Perforation (hole in the digestive tract): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Local swelling while taking Mestinon?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Local swelling
- Subscribe to monitor Local swelling in Mestinon
- Subscribe to monitor Mestinon
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Mestinon and have Local swelling
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Local swellingLocal swelling (1,664 drugs)
Could your condition cause Local swellingLocal swelling (1,223 conditions)
Mestinon side effects
- Mestinon side effects (2,463 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Mestinona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Mestinon with similar drugs
- Mestinon vs. Azathioprine
- Mestinon vs. Cellcept
- Mestinon vs. Imuran
- Mestinon vs. Mesantoin
- Mestinon vs. Mycophenolate mofetil
- Mestinon vs. Prednisolone
- Mestinon vs. Prednisone
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Personality Disorder - Antisocial with Vandetanib? - now
- Will you have Antisocial Personality Disorder with Vandetanib? - now
- Will you have Yaws with Adderall Xr 10? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Macular Hole with Glutathione? - 3 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Coughing with Ventavis? - 8 seconds ago
- Boys aged 2-9 who have Tachycardia with Metaproterenol Sulfate - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Numbness And Tingling with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Tingling And Numbness with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Sensory Loss with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Cozaar - 34 minutes ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Stiolto Respimat - 48 minutes ago
- Prediction of Ativan for a 46 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Labetalol Hydrocloride - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Prednisolone Acetate, Azithromycin, Omeprazole for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Vitamin B12 - 5 hours ago
- Prediction of Depakote for a 36 year old man - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Benlysta, Plaquenil, Cellcept - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 18 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.