Metaxalone and Tarsal tunnel syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tarsal tunnel syndrome is found among people who take Metaxalone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metaxalone and have Tarsal tunnel syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,927 people who have side effects when taking Metaxalone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Metaxalone.
Among them, 11 people (0.28%) have Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
What is Metaxalone?
Metaxalone has active ingredients of metaxalone. It is often used in back pain - low. eHealthMe is studying from 4,093 Metaxalone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tarsal tunnel syndrome?
Tarsal tunnel syndrome (a condition that is caused by compression of the tibial nerve or its associated branches as the nerve) is found to be associated with 491 drugs and 268 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metaxalone and Tarsal tunnel syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tarsal tunnel syndrome when taking Metaxalone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Tarsal tunnel syndrome when taking Metaxalone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Metaxalone *:
- Bactrim Ds: 11 people, 100.00%
- Atenolol: 10 people, 90.91%
- Clonazepam: 10 people, 90.91%
- Clotrimazole: 10 people, 90.91%
- Diazepam: 10 people, 90.91%
- Econazole Nitrate: 10 people, 90.91%
- Erythromycin: 10 people, 90.91%
- Fluconazole: 10 people, 90.91%
- Carisoprodol: 10 people, 90.91%
- Ketoconazole: 10 people, 90.91%
Common side effects people have besides Tarsal tunnel syndrome *:
- Vestibular Disorder (disorders of the body's balance (vestibular) system in the inner ear): 11 people, 100.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 11 people, 100.00%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 11 people, 100.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 11 people, 100.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 11 people, 100.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 11 people, 100.00%
- Vertigo Positional: 11 people, 100.00%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 11 people, 100.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 11 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 11 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 81.82%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 18.18%
- Pain: 2 people, 18.18%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 2 people, 18.18%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 18.18%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 9.09%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metaxalone and have Tarsal tunnel syndrome?Check whether Tarsal tunnel syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tarsal tunnel syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metaxalone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metaxalone:
- Metaxalone (4,093 reports)
Common Metaxalone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metaxalone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tarsal tunnel syndrome treatments and more:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (374 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tarsal tunnel syndrome:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Tarsal tunnel syndrome:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (491 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Tarsal tunnel syndrome:
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (268 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metaxalone (the active ingredients of Metaxalone) and Metaxalone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pulmicort and Dexamethasone drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Coronary Artery Occlusion - 7 seconds ago
- Trimeprazine Tartrate and Fluphenazine drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Galactorrhea Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Zelboraf and Ciprofloxacin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Bee Venom and Nausea And Vomiting - 19 seconds ago
- Zolpidem and Cytomegalovirus Enterocolitis - 34 seconds ago
- Osphena and Thirst - 38 seconds ago
- Blood Pressure Systolic Increased and Protein - Urine - 41 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Celiac Disease - Sprue - 44 seconds ago