Metformin hydrochloride and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin hydrochloride and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,141 people who have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride.
Among them, 194 people (0.5%) have Psoriasis.
What is Metformin hydrochloride?
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 42,959 Metformin hydrochloride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,259 drugs and 1,579 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin hydrochloride and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Metformin hydrochloride*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Metformin hydrochloride *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin hydrochloride *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin hydrochloride and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
- Psoriasis and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride (1,747 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin hydrochloride:
- Metformin hydrochloride (42,959 reports)
Common Metformin hydrochloride side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metformin hydrochloride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,184 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,259 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,579 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin hydrochloride) and Metformin hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levofloxacin and Metaxalone drug interaction - a second ago
- Sertraline and Affective Disorder - 12 seconds ago
- Simcor and Femhrt drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Stomatitis - 16 seconds ago
- Trokendi Xr and Ativan drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Neupro and Donepezil drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Lipitor vs. Topamax Sprinkle - 45 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Lo Loestrin Fe drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Jardiance and Eplerenone drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Tricor and Balance Disorder - 57 seconds ago