Metformin and Adverse event following immunisation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Adverse event following immunisation is reported only by a few people who take Metformin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Adverse event following immunisation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Adverse event following immunisation.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 405,808 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Adverse event following immunisation?
Adverse event following immunisation is found to be associated with 73 drugs and 20 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Adverse event following immunisation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Adverse event following immunisation when taking Metformin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Adverse event following immunisation when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
- Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim: 2 people, 100.00%
- Bactrim: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ondansetron: 2 people, 100.00%
- Miralax: 2 people, 100.00%
- Hydroxyzine: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 50.00%
- Januvia: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bisacodyl: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Adverse event following immunisation *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 100.00%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 100.00%
- Croup Infectious (a loud cough that resembles the barking of a seal and difficulty breathing can transfer to other): 2 people, 100.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 100.00%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- Infusion Related Reaction: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Adverse event following immunisation?Check whether Adverse event following immunisation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Adverse event following immunisation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (405,808 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Adverse event following immunisation treatments and more:
- Adverse event following immunisation (73 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Adverse event following immunisation:
- Adverse event following immunisation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Adverse event following immunisation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Adverse event following immunisation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Adverse event following immunisation:
- Adverse event following immunisation (73 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Adverse event following immunisation:
- Adverse event following immunisation (20 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nitroglycerin and Clinoril drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Irbesartan drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Prednisolone Acetate and Cefuroxime Sodium drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Triavil 2-10 drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Lamictal Xr and Nausea And Vomiting - 38 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Stroke - 40 seconds ago
- Amaryl and Enablex drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mupirocin and Pantoprazole drug interaction - a minute ago
- Doribax and Rashes - a minute ago
- Palladone and Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate drug interaction - a minute ago