Metformin and Back pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Back pain is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Back pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 7,326 people (1.85%) have Back pain.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 406,072 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Back pain?
Back pain is found to be associated with 4,604 drugs and 4,409 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Back pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Back pain *:
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Back pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Back pain?Check whether Back pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Back pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
- Back pain and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride (8,535 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (406,072 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 25,489 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Weight decreased: 17,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Back pain treatments and more:
- Back pain (333,706 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Back pain:
- Back pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Back pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Back pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Back pain:
- Prednisone: 14,935 reports
- Humira: 13,709 reports
- Aspirin: 12,662 reports
- Enbrel: 12,148 reports
- Methotrexate: 12,071 reports
- Tylenol: 8,011 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,705 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,599 reports
- Vitamin d: 7,345 reports
- Metformin: 7,326 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Back pain:
- Back pain (4,604 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Back pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 19,879 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,883 reports
- Osteoporosis: 13,864 reports
- Pain: 11,187 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,629 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 10,372 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Back pain:
- Back pain (4,409 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Escitalopram Oxalate and Fentanyl Citrate drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Drug Level Increased - 16 seconds ago
- Claritin and Fungal Test Positive - 17 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride and Oesophageal Stenosis - 25 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Complications Of Transplanted Kidney - 30 seconds ago
- Mefoxin and Paleness - 37 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Diverticulitis Intestinal Haemorrhagic - 38 seconds ago
- Morphine and Belching - 45 seconds ago
- Azactam and Detrol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Epipen Jr. and Skin Injury - a minute ago