Who have Diabetes with Metformin - from FDA reports
Diabetes is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 240,947 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
240,947 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 4,177 people (1.73%) have Diabetes
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Diabetes *:
- < 1 month: 19.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.91 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.91 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.09 %
- 10+ years: 5.45 %
Gender of people who have Diabetes when taking Metformin *:
- female: 59.27 %
- male: 40.73 %
Age of people who have Diabetes when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.64 %
- 20-29: 2.32 %
- 30-39: 8.32 %
- 40-49: 19.7 %
- 50-59: 28.25 %
- 60+: 40.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 638 people, 15.27%
- Depression: 567 people, 13.57%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 495 people, 11.85%
- Stress And Anxiety: 318 people, 7.61%
- Pain: 288 people, 6.89%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 269 people, 6.44%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 250 people, 5.99%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 243 people, 5.82%
- Sleep Disorder: 225 people, 5.39%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 224 people, 5.36%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel: 639 people, 15.30%
- Lipitor: 512 people, 12.26%
- Aspirin: 446 people, 10.68%
- Lisinopril: 420 people, 10.06%
- Nexium: 383 people, 9.17%
- Crestor: 305 people, 7.30%
- Lantus: 304 people, 7.28%
- Simvastatin: 292 people, 6.99%
- Lyrica: 269 people, 6.44%
- Zyprexa: 252 people, 6.03%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 881 people, 21.09%
- Pain: 506 people, 12.11%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 467 people, 11.18%
- Breathing Difficulty: 437 people, 10.46%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 429 people, 10.27%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 396 people, 9.48%
- Stress And Anxiety: 365 people, 8.74%
- Dizziness: 351 people, 8.40%
- Weight Increased: 351 people, 8.40%
- Drug Ineffective: 345 people, 8.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diabetes while taking Metformin?
You are not alone:
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 259,096 users)
Diabetes has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 328,603 Diabetes patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiabetesDiabetes (2,566 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiabetesDiabetes (2,206 conditions)
Metformin side effects
- Metformin side effects (251,434 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- ŽUPANIĆ KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVIĆ I, BEKIĆ D, KRNIĆ A, JURKOVIĆ P, PAVLOVIĆ T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Lee IS, Kim KS, Kim KH, Park J, Jeong HS, Kim Y, Na YC, Chung WS, Ahn KS, Lee SG, Um JY, "Antihyperglycemic and Antiobesity Effects of JAL2 on db/db Mice", Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Benign Headache with Prolia? - now
- Will you have Tension Headaches with Prolia? - now
- Will you have Gout with Tegretol? - a second ago
- Will you have Hiccups with Zelboraf? - a second ago
- Hytrin and James' Tea drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Singultus with Zelboraf? - a second ago
- Will you have Face Oedema with Pamine? - a second ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Dilacor Xr drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Premarin and Cabometyx drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Ms Contin and Gall Weed drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Xolair - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Claravis - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Pioglitazone, Atorvastatin Calcium, Trulicity, Fenofibrate, Dutasteride, Contrave, Irbesartan, Metformin, Tamsulosin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Aloprim, Amlodipine Besylate, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Hydrea, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid) - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Metformin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Methotrexate - 7 hours ago
- Prediction of Gabapentin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Latuda for a 30 year old woman - 8 hours ago
- Prediction of Ashwagandha, Atenolol for a 44 year old woman - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old man who takes Zoloft - 9 hours ago
- Prediction of Omega-3, Propranolol Hydrochloride, L-theanine, Glucosamine, Latuda, Gabapentin for a 30 year old woman - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.