Metformin and Embolism arterial - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Embolism arterial is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Embolism arterial. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 25 people (0.01%) have Embolism arterial.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 406,148 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Embolism arterial?
Embolism arterial (blood clot that has travelled through your arteries and become stuck) is found to be associated with 656 drugs and 381 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Embolism arterial reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Embolism arterial *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Embolism arterial when taking Metformin *:
- female: 64 %
- male: 36 %
Age of people who have Embolism arterial when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 13.04 %
- 40-49: 30.43 %
- 50-59: 13.04 %
- 60+: 43.48 %
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
- Yaz: 14 people, 56.00%
- Yasmin: 8 people, 32.00%
- Alprazolam: 6 people, 24.00%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 24.00%
- Lovastatin: 5 people, 20.00%
- Buspirone Hcl: 5 people, 20.00%
- Protonix: 4 people, 16.00%
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 16.00%
- Novolog: 4 people, 16.00%
- Avandia: 4 people, 16.00%
Common side effects people have besides Embolism arterial *:
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 32.00%
- Heart Attack: 7 people, 28.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 6 people, 24.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 6 people, 24.00%
- Thrombophlebitis (swelling (inflammation) of a vein caused by a blood clot): 5 people, 20.00%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 5 people, 20.00%
- Gallbladder Disorder: 5 people, 20.00%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 5 people, 20.00%
- Benign Hepatic Neoplasm (benign (non-cancerous) tumours of the liver): 5 people, 20.00%
- Cerebral Thrombosis (blood clot in brain): 5 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Birth Control: 4 people, 16.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 8.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 8.00%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 1 person, 4.00%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 1 person, 4.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 4.00%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 1 person, 4.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 4.00%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 1 person, 4.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Embolism arterial?Check whether Embolism arterial is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Embolism arterial and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (406,148 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 25,489 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Weight decreased: 17,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Embolism arterial treatments and more:
- Embolism arterial (1,505 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Embolism arterial:
- Embolism arterial in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Embolism arterial in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Embolism arterial in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Embolism arterial:
All the drugs that are associated with Embolism arterial:
- Embolism arterial (656 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Embolism arterial:
- Embolism arterial (381 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel and Hypertonia - 40 seconds ago
- Viracept and Trisomy 18 - 43 seconds ago
- Thyroid Diseases and Splenic Cyst - a minute ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Speech Impairment (Adult) - a minute ago
- Vitamin E and Heart Palpitations - a minute ago
- Duphalac and Magnesium Citrate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mesalamine and Bentyl drug interaction - a minute ago
- Silybum Marianum and Senna drug interaction - a minute ago
- Flomax and Zantac drug interaction - a minute ago
- Arrhythmias in Losartan Potassium, how severe and when it was recovered? - 2 minutes ago