Will you have Global amnesia with Metformin - from FDA reports
Global amnesia is reported only by a few people who take Metformin. We study 251,352 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA. Among them, 4 have Global amnesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Global amnesia and more.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Global amnesia are also considered in the study.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 259,096 users)
What is Global amnesia?
Global amnesia (a temporary short-term memory loss) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis (latest reports from 340 Global amnesia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
251,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Global amnesia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Global amnesia when taking Metformin *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Global amnesia when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 1 person, 25.00%
- Muscle Relaxant Therapy: 1 person, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ultane: 1 person, 25.00%
- Succinylcholine Chloride: 1 person, 25.00%
- Propofol: 1 person, 25.00%
- Omeprazole: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nitrous Oxide W/ Oxygen: 1 person, 25.00%
- Naproxen: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fentanyl Citrate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dyazide: 1 person, 25.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Celecoxib: 1 person, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 25.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 1 person, 25.00%
- Abnormal Behavior: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Global amnesia while taking Metformin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Global amnesia
- Subscribe to monitor Global amnesia in Metformin
- Subscribe to monitor Metformin
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Metformin and have Global amnesia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- ŽUPANIĆ KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVIĆ I, BEKIĆ D, KRNIĆ A, JURKOVIĆ P, PAVLOVIĆ T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Lee IS, Kim KS, Kim KH, Park J, Jeong HS, Kim Y, Na YC, Chung WS, Ahn KS, Lee SG, Um JY, "Antihyperglycemic and Antiobesity Effects of JAL2 on db/db Mice", Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016 Mar .
Drugs that are associated with Global amnesiaGlobal amnesia (177 drugs)
Could your condition cause Global amnesiaGlobal amnesia (101 conditions)
Metformin side effects
- Metformin side effects (251,434 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Metformin with similar drugs
- Metformin vs. Acarbose
- Metformin vs. Actoplus met
- Metformin vs. Actos
- Metformin vs. Alpha - lipoic acid
- Metformin vs. Altace
- Metformin vs. Amaryl
- Metformin vs. Apidra
- Metformin vs. Apidra solostar
- Metformin vs. Aspirin
- Metformin vs. Avandamet
- Metformin vs. Avandaryl
- Metformin vs. Avandia
- Metformin vs. Avapro
- Metformin vs. Bydureon
- Metformin vs. Byetta
- Metformin vs. Cinnamon
- Metformin vs. Crestor
- Metformin vs. Diabeta
- Metformin vs. Duetact
- Metformin vs. Enalapril maleate
- Metformin vs. Farxiga
- Metformin vs. Gabapentin
- Metformin vs. Gliclazide
- Metformin vs. Glimepiride
- Metformin vs. Glipizide
- Metformin vs. Glipizide and metformin hydrochloride
- Metformin vs. Glucotrol
- Metformin vs. Glucotrol xl
- Metformin vs. Glucovance
- Metformin vs. Glyburide
- Metformin vs. Glyburide and metformin hydrochloride
- Metformin vs. Gymnema sylvestre
- Metformin vs. Humalog
- Metformin vs. Humalog kwikpen
- Metformin vs. Humalog mix 75/25
- Metformin vs. Humalog mix 75/25 kwikpen
- Metformin vs. Humalog pen
- Metformin vs. Humulin 70/30
- Metformin vs. Humulin 70/30 pen
- Metformin vs. Humulin n
- Metformin vs. Humulin r
- Metformin vs. Hydrochlorothiazide
- Metformin vs. Insulin
- Metformin vs. Insulin insulatard nph nordisk
- Metformin vs. Insulin nordisk mixtard
- Metformin vs. Invokana
- Metformin vs. Janumet
- Metformin vs. Janumet xr
- Metformin vs. Januvia
- Metformin vs. Kombiglyze xr
- Metformin vs. Lantus
- Metformin vs. Lantus solostar
- Metformin vs. Levemir
- Metformin vs. Levemir flexpen
- Metformin vs. Lipitor
- Metformin vs. Lisinopril
- Metformin vs. Losartan
- Metformin vs. Lyrica
- Metformin vs. Metformin hydrochloride; repaglinide
- Metformin vs. Metoprolol tartrate
- Metformin vs. Novolin 70/30
- Metformin vs. Novolin n
- Metformin vs. Novolin r
- Metformin vs. Novolog
- Metformin vs. Novolog flexpen
- Metformin vs. Novolog mix 70/30
- Metformin vs. Novorapid
- Metformin vs. Nph insulin
- Metformin vs. Onglyza
- Metformin vs. Pioglitazone
- Metformin vs. Prandin
- Metformin vs. Pravastatin sodium
- Metformin vs. Ramipril
- Metformin vs. Regular insulin
- Metformin vs. Repaglinide
- Metformin vs. Simvastatin
- Metformin vs. Starlix
- Metformin vs. Symlin
- Metformin vs. Tolbutamide
- Metformin vs. Tradjenta
- Metformin vs. Victoza
- Metformin vs. Vitamin d
- Metformin vs. Zetia
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Malignant Neoplasm Of Renal Pelvis with Lyrica? - now
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Jalanimba drug interaction - a second ago
- Curcumin and Caprelsa drug interaction - a second ago
- Remeron vs. Lamictal - a second ago
- Will you have Rash - Child Under 2 Years with Fish Oil? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Nearsightedness with Allergic Rhinitis? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Myopia with Allergic Rhinitis? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Prickly Heat with Fish Oil? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Miliaria with Fish Oil? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Shortsightedness with Allergic Rhinitis? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Repatha - an hour ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Saxenda - an hour ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Loryna - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 55 year old man who takes Flexeril, Cannabis, Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 55 year old man who takes Paxil, Flexeril, Wellbutrin, Norco, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Symbicort - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Synthroid - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Bupropion Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Maxzide-25, Meloxicam, Atenolol, Raloxifene Hydrochloride, B12 - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Cordyceps, Effexor Xr - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 12 year old boy who takes Qvar 40 - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.