Metformin and Impotence - from FDA reports
Impotence is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Impotence with Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,020 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
199,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 503 people (0.25%) have Impotence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Impotence *:
- < 1 month: 30 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 20 %
Gender of people who have Impotence when taking Metformin *:
- female: 6.16 %
- male: 93.84 %
Age of people who have Impotence when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.31 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 16.15 %
- 50-59: 34.87 %
- 60+: 40.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (61 people, 12.13%)
- High Blood Pressure (56 people, 11.13%)
- Depression (47 people, 9.34%)
- Stress And Anxiety (32 people, 6.36%)
- Bipolar Disorder (21 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (89 people, 17.69%)
- Lisinopril (78 people, 15.51%)
- Viagra (67 people, 13.32%)
- Levitra (63 people, 12.52%)
- Glipizide (57 people, 11.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (101 people, 20.08%)
- High Blood Pressure (61 people, 12.13%)
- Stress And Anxiety (57 people, 11.33%)
- Weakness (55 people, 10.93%)
- Depression (51 people, 10.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Impotence when taking Metformin?
- Check symptoms - is impotence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsImpotence and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImpotence and Metformin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,749 users)
Impotence (powerlessness) has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 52,239 Impotence patients).
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ImpotenceImpotence
Could your condition cause ImpotenceImpotence
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Now it is about $70 at my pharmacy and i cannot buy it at the small price because I no longer belong to that clinic. Does anyone know which of the discount pharmacies or anywhere else where you can get way discounted Levitra or Cialis? It does exist!
Been using lyrica for six months, and have terrible problems either ED. My partner doesn't have a big problem with it, bless her, but I do. I need to come off this drug anyway, because of the background headaches I get. I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headaches. The side effects are even worse ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
User reviews to the study
hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...