Metformin and Lipoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lipoma is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Lipoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 104 people (0.03%) have Lipoma.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 405,902 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lipoma?
Lipoma (a growth of fatty tissue that slowly develops just under your skin) is found to be associated with 1,126 drugs and 597 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Lipoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Lipoma *:
Gender of people who have Lipoma when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Lipoma when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Lipoma *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Lipoma?Check whether Lipoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Lipoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (405,902 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lipoma treatments and more:
- Lipoma (3,186 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lipoma:
- Lipoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lipoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lipoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lipoma:
All the drugs that are associated with Lipoma:
- Lipoma (1,126 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lipoma:
All the conditions that are associated with Lipoma:
- Lipoma (597 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adalat and Small Cell Lung Cancer Extensive Stage - now
- Cardizem and Vitamins drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Kefzol and Nortriptyline Hydrochloride drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Meclizine and Vulvovaginal Dryness - 37 seconds ago
- Carvedilol vs. Adalat - 46 seconds ago
- Lopid and Myocardial Ischaemia - a minute ago
- Rapamune and Lomotil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Qutenza and Haematoma - a minute ago
- Fosinopril Sodium vs. Blopress - a minute ago
- Pyrazinamide and Gabitril drug interaction - a minute ago