Metformin and Normochromic normocytic anaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Normochromic normocytic anaemia is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Normochromic normocytic anaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 182 people (0.05%) have Normochromic normocytic anaemia.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 406,072 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Normochromic normocytic anaemia?
Normochromic normocytic anaemia (forms of anaemia in which the average size and haemoglobin content of the red blood cells are within normal limits) is found to be associated with 1,116 drugs and 621 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Normochromic normocytic anaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Normochromic normocytic anaemia *:
Gender of people who have Normochromic normocytic anaemia when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Normochromic normocytic anaemia when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Normochromic normocytic anaemia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Normochromic normocytic anaemia?Check whether Normochromic normocytic anaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Normochromic normocytic anaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (406,072 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 25,489 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Weight decreased: 17,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Normochromic normocytic anaemia treatments and more:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (4,034 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Prednisone: 387 reports
- Aspirin: 246 reports
- Furosemide: 229 reports
- Lasix: 191 reports
- Fosamax: 189 reports
- Metformin: 182 reports
- Omeprazole: 177 reports
- Simvastatin: 154 reports
- Vioxx: 147 reports
- Lisinopril: 143 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (1,116 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- High blood pressure: 328 reports
- Osteoporosis: 161 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 147 reports
- Depression: 139 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 136 reports
- Pain: 122 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (621 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diamox and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Dalvance and Hypotension - a minute ago
- Gabapentin and Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus - a minute ago
- Sulfasalazine and Mebeverine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Biaxin Xl and Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Joint Pain and drugs of ingredients of apple cider vinegar - 2 minutes ago
- Tegretol and Blood In Stool - 3 minutes ago
- Lunesta and Road Traffic Accident - 3 minutes ago
- Omeprazole and Cervical Vertebral Fracture - 4 minutes ago