Metformin and Pain relief by acupuncture - from FDA reports
Pain relief by acupuncture is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lyrica, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Pain relief by acupuncture with Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,020 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
199,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 7,117 people (3.58%) have Pain relief by acupuncture
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Pain relief by acupuncture *:
- < 1 month: 14.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.37 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.24 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 26.27 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.25 %
- 10+ years: 6.78 %
Gender of people who have Pain relief by acupuncture when taking Metformin *:
- female: 65 %
- male: 35 %
Age of people who have Pain relief by acupuncture when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 1.39 %
- 20-29: 4.45 %
- 30-39: 6.65 %
- 40-49: 13.46 %
- 50-59: 25.6 %
- 60+: 48.32 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (966 people, 13.57%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (787 people, 11.06%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (571 people, 8.02%)
- Depression (464 people, 6.52%)
- Stress And Anxiety (295 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (990 people, 13.91%)
- Lisinopril (940 people, 13.21%)
- Aspirin (825 people, 11.59%)
- Simvastatin (664 people, 9.33%)
- Lipitor (664 people, 9.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (1,413 people, 19.85%)
- Fatigue (1,198 people, 16.83%)
- Injury (1,043 people, 14.66%)
- Nausea (1,031 people, 14.49%)
- Breathing Difficulty (849 people, 11.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pain relief by acupuncture when taking Metformin?
- Check symptoms - is pain relief by acupuncture caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPain relief by acupuncture and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePain relief by acupuncture and Metformin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,747 users)
Pain relief by acupuncture
Pain relief by acupuncture has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,242 Pain relief by acupuncture patients).
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Pain relief by acupuncturePain relief by acupuncture
Could your condition cause Pain relief by acupuncturePain relief by acupuncture
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I was on Eliquis for 6 months. I got a bladder infection after I completed my medication. I bled and so much pain. I was on Cipro and Bactrim. It helped but after 14 days came back. Went to Urologist. He has ordered a Cystoscopy. I am 66.
hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...