Metformin and Pancreatitis necrotising - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis necrotising is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Pancreatitis necrotising. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 104 people (0.03%) have Pancreatitis necrotising.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 406,072 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis necrotising?
Pancreatitis necrotising (inflammation of the pancreas cause death of tissue in pancreas) is found to be associated with 727 drugs and 348 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Pancreatitis necrotising reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Pancreatitis necrotising *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis necrotising when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis necrotising when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis necrotising *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Pancreatitis necrotising?Check whether Pancreatitis necrotising is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Pancreatitis necrotising and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (406,072 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 25,489 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Weight decreased: 17,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis necrotising treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis necrotising (2,213 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis necrotising:
- Pancreatitis necrotising in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis necrotising in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis necrotising in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis necrotising:
- Aspirin: 120 reports
- Byetta: 112 reports
- Ramipril: 112 reports
- Simvastatin: 110 reports
- Metformin: 104 reports
- Lisinopril: 101 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis necrotising:
- Pancreatitis necrotising (727 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis necrotising:
- High blood pressure: 219 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 145 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis necrotising:
- Pancreatitis necrotising (348 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Opdivo and Vancomycin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Learning Disability and Sleep Disorder - 11 seconds ago
- Trizivir and Numbness And Tingling - 18 seconds ago
- Tigan and Weight Abnormal - 27 seconds ago
- Lipids Abnormal and Ejection Fraction Decreased - 29 seconds ago
- Moringa Oleifera and Xanax drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Relafen and Rash Scaly - 33 seconds ago
- Acthar Gel and Pain In Extremity - 35 seconds ago
- Post Procedural Discharge and Hepatomegaly - 38 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Sodium and Codeine drug interaction - 40 seconds ago