Metformin and Protein urine present - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Protein urine present is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Protein urine present. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 242 people (0.06%) have Protein urine present.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 405,808 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Protein urine present?
Protein urine present is found to be associated with 1,179 drugs and 740 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Protein urine present reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Protein urine present *:
Gender of people who have Protein urine present when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Protein urine present when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Protein urine present *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Protein urine present?Check whether Protein urine present is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Protein urine present and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (405,808 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Protein urine present treatments and more:
- Protein urine present (5,946 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Protein urine present:
- Protein urine present in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Protein urine present in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Protein urine present in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Protein urine present:
All the drugs that are associated with Protein urine present:
- Protein urine present (1,179 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Protein urine present:
All the conditions that are associated with Protein urine present:
- Protein urine present (740 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zonisamide and Cotrim drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Bisacodyl and Gallbladder Disorder - 32 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Misoprostol drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Sutent and Paclitaxel drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Omnicef and Thorazine drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Lomotil and Hot Flush - 44 seconds ago
- Tarka and Citalopram Hydrobromide drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - a minute ago
- Trintellix and Vitamin D drug interaction - a minute ago
- Linzess and Rasuvo drug interaction - a minute ago