Who have Sickness with Metformin - from FDA reports
Sickness is reported only by a few people who take Metformin. We study 251,352 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA. Among them, 2 have Sickness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sickness and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
251,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Sickness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sickness when taking Metformin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Sickness when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vasotec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rezulin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prinivil: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prevacid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lotrimin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glucotrol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glipizide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fenofibrate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Baycol: 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 1 person, 50.00%
- Herpes Simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatitis B: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatitis A: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 1 person, 50.00%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Sickness while taking Metformin?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Metformin and have Sickness
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 259,096 users)
Sickness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, weight loss, high blood cholesterol, breast cancer (latest reports from 761 Sickness patients).
Drugs that are associated with SicknessSickness (232 drugs)
Could your condition cause SicknessSickness (75 conditions)
Metformin side effects
- Metformin side effects (251,434 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Metformin to similar drugs:
- Metformin vs Actos
- Metformin vs Alli
- Metformin vs Amaryl
- Metformin vs Atenolol
- Metformin vs Atorvastatin calcium
- Metformin vs Avandamet
- Metformin vs Bisoprolol fumarate
- Metformin vs Bydureon
- Metformin vs Byetta
- Metformin vs Crestor
- Metformin vs Ddavp
- Metformin vs Desmopressin acetate
- Metformin vs Eplerenone
- Metformin vs Gliclazide
- Metformin vs Glimepiride
- Metformin vs Glipizide
- Metformin vs Glucovance
- Metformin vs Glyburide
- Metformin vs Glyburide and metformin hydrochloride
- Metformin vs Hcg
- Metformin vs Insulin
- Metformin vs Janumet
- Metformin vs Januvia
- Metformin vs Lantus
- Metformin vs Lantus solostar
- Metformin vs Lasix
- Metformin vs Lescol xl
- Metformin vs Levemir
- Metformin vs Lipitor
- Metformin vs Lisinopril
- Metformin vs Losartan
- Metformin vs Losartan potassium; hydrochlorothiazide
- Metformin vs Minirin
- Metformin vs Niaspan
- Metformin vs Nph insulin
- Metformin vs Olmesartan medoxomil
- Metformin vs Omega 3
- Metformin vs Pioglitazone
- Metformin vs Pravastatin sodium
- Metformin vs Ramipril
- Metformin vs Simvastatin
- Metformin vs Tenex
- Metformin vs Tenuate
- Metformin vs Terazosin hydrochloride
- Metformin vs Tora
- Metformin vs Trilipix
- Metformin vs Victoza
- Metformin vs Vitamin d
- Metformin vs Zocor
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- ŽUPANIĆ KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVIĆ I, BEKIĆ D, KRNIĆ A, JURKOVIĆ P, PAVLOVIĆ T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Lee IS, Kim KS, Kim KH, Park J, Jeong HS, Kim Y, Na YC, Chung WS, Ahn KS, Lee SG, Um JY, "Antihyperglycemic and Antiobesity Effects of JAL2 on db/db Mice", Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Haemodialysis-Induced Symptom with Tramadol? - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Hernia Obstructive with Clozaril? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hepatotoxicity with Baclofen? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Tertiary Lyme Disease with Milk Of Magnesia? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Tingling And Numbness with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Sensory Loss with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Paresthesias with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Sensation with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Numbness And Tingling with Pregabalin? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Crestor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Anastrozole - an hour ago
- A study for a 1 year old boy who takes Choline, Gabapentin - an hour ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Probiotics, Amoxil - an hour ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Xalatan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 78 year old man who takes Calcium, Alendronic Acid - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Lisinopril, Aspirin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Xanax, Soma, Ambien, Vicodin Es, Enbrel - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Xanax, Soma, Ambien, Vicodin Es, Enbrel - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Soma, Ambien, Vicodin Es, Escitalopram, Xanax - 5 hours ago
- Prediction of Methocarbamol, Acyclovir for a 77 year old man - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.