Metformin and Vertigo - from FDA reports
Vertigo is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Byetta, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Vertigo with Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 199,020 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 14, 2017
199,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 8,385 people (4.21%) have Vertigo
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Vertigo *:
- < 1 month: 30.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.06 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.81 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.1 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.86 %
- 10+ years: 2.11 %
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Metformin *:
- female: 59.13 %
- male: 40.87 %
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.03 %
- 10-19: 0.46 %
- 20-29: 1.14 %
- 30-39: 3.18 %
- 40-49: 11.17 %
- 50-59: 25.3 %
- 60+: 58.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (1,212 people, 14.45%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (748 people, 8.92%)
- Depression (454 people, 5.41%)
- Pain (313 people, 3.73%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (240 people, 2.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Byetta (982 people, 11.71%)
- Aspirin (895 people, 10.67%)
- Lisinopril (751 people, 8.96%)
- Lantus (700 people, 8.35%)
- Lipitor (635 people, 7.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (2,352 people, 28.05%)
- Weakness (1,358 people, 16.20%)
- Headache (1,357 people, 16.18%)
- Fatigue (1,356 people, 16.17%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (1,135 people, 13.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vertigo when taking Metformin?
- Check symptoms - is vertigo caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVertigo and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVertigo and Metformin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,747 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,933 Vertigo patients).
Browse all side effects of Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with VertigoVertigo
Could your condition cause VertigoVertigo
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I just started taking a Beta Blocker(Metoprolol 50mg daily) because of high blood pressure..I also take Methadone 30mg. Daily...I notice when I take the men's and drink lemon water with a table spoon of ACV w/ the mother I get dizzy to the point I want to fall down...Could it be the ACV with ...
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
User reviews to the study
hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...