Methadose and Peripheral swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Peripheral swelling is reported only by a few people who take Methadose.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methadose and have Peripheral swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,203 people who have side effects while taking Methadose from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadose.
Among them, 5 people (0.12%) have Peripheral swelling.
What is Methadose?
Methadose has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 4,791 Methadose users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Peripheral swelling?
Peripheral swelling is found to be associated with 2,102 drugs and 1,574 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methadose and Peripheral swelling reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Peripheral swelling when taking Methadose *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Peripheral swelling when taking Methadose *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Methadose *:
- Prednisone: 1 person, 20.00%
- Inflectra: 1 person, 20.00%
- Imuran: 1 person, 20.00%
- Calcium: 1 person, 20.00%
- Acetaminophen: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Peripheral swelling *:
- Weight Increased: 3 people, 60.00%
- Itching: 3 people, 60.00%
- Weakness: 2 people, 40.00%
- Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex): 2 people, 40.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypoventilation (too shallow or too slow breathing, which does not meet the needs of the body): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 40.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Drug Dependence: 3 people, 60.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methadose and have Peripheral swelling?Check whether Peripheral swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- McFarlane SI, "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", , 2015 Jan .
- Ashkar AG, Goldberg T, Maraj I, Masters A, McFarlane SI, "Torsades De Pointes Induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports, 2015 Jan .
- McFarlane, S. I. , "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", , 2014 Jan .
How severe was Peripheral swelling and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methadone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methadose:
- Methadose (4,791 reports)
Common Methadose side effects:
Browse all side effects of Methadose:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Peripheral swelling treatments and more:
- Peripheral swelling (136,552 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Peripheral swelling:
- Peripheral swelling in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Peripheral swelling in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Peripheral swelling in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Peripheral swelling:
All the drugs that are associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Peripheral swelling (2,102 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Peripheral swelling:
All the conditions that are associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Peripheral swelling (1,574 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methadone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Methadose) and Methadose (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aricept and Albuterol drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Quetiapine Fumarate and Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) - 5 seconds ago
- Aldurazyme and Lovenox drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Campath and Pericarditis Fungal - 37 seconds ago
- Minastrin 24 Fe and Allegra drug interaction - a minute ago
- Buprenorphine and Placenta Abruptio - a minute ago
- Glucotrol Xl and Abnormal Loss Of Weight - a minute ago
- Ziac and Betapace drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mobic and Hyperkalemia - a minute ago
- Omeprazole and Tongue Disorder - a minute ago