Methotrexate sodium and Aspartate aminotransferase increased - from FDA reports
Aspartate aminotransferase increased is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Enbrel, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Aspartate aminotransferase increased with Methotrexate sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,979 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 14, 2017
16,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium.
Among them, 92 people (0.54%) have Aspartate aminotransferase increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Aspartate aminotransferase increased *:
- < 1 month: 41.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aspartate aminotransferase increased when taking Methotrexate sodium *:
- female: 64.84 %
- male: 35.16 %
Age of people who have Aspartate aminotransferase increased when taking Methotrexate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.9 %
- 10-19: 11.49 %
- 20-29: 1.15 %
- 30-39: 11.49 %
- 40-49: 18.39 %
- 50-59: 28.74 %
- 60+: 21.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (16 people, 17.39%)
- Psoriasis (9 people, 9.78%)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (7 people, 7.61%)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (7 people, 7.61%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 3.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (32 people, 34.78%)
- Remicade (25 people, 27.17%)
- Humira (24 people, 26.09%)
- Folic Acid (18 people, 19.57%)
- Orencia (16 people, 17.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased (81 people, 88.04%)
- Rashes (20 people, 21.74%)
- Nausea (20 people, 21.74%)
- Drug Hypersensitivity (20 people, 21.74%)
- Drug Ineffective (19 people, 20.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Aspartate aminotransferase increased when taking Methotrexate sodium?
- Check symptoms - is aspartate aminotransferase increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAspartate aminotransferase increased and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAspartate aminotransferase increased and Methotrexate sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate sodium 18,281 users)
Aspartate aminotransferase increased
Aspartate aminotransferase increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 54,125 Aspartate aminotransferase increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Aspartate aminotransferase increasedAspartate aminotransferase increased
Could your condition cause Aspartate aminotransferase increasedAspartate aminotransferase increased
- Psoriatic arthropathy and Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- Psoriasis and Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all) and Aspartate aminotransferase increased
- High blood pressure and Aspartate aminotransferase increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
does predisone make your bones weak and hurt all the time,,i am taking it with methotrexate,,been on both of them for 6 months now and feel like i am getting worse,,i cannot do anything and cannot sleep at night for pain
User reviews to the study
Hi - My doctors believe I have MDS (and it might be because of methotrexate I took for an inflammatory condition). I was wondering about treatments for MDS (is cell damage reparable?)...has anyone has a stem cell transfer? I also have "smoldering" multiple myeloma. I'm in my late 50's.
Hi, I've been told I likely have MDS...and my doctors wonder if it was caused by either methotrexate or Remicade (I stopped the methotrexate last November...after drop in RBC below 3.0). I've developed a few illnesses over the past few years (not sure if they're related: Behcet's (we think) ...
Hi, I have Lupus and have been taking methotrexate for about 17 years. I now have neuropathy in my feet and it is moving to my hands. I've just come across a website that mentions a connection between methotrexate and neuropathy. Could the methotrexate be the cause of my neuropathy? I was ...
Hello- I was diagnosed with RA at the age of 48 I receive infusions and the doctor just put me back on methotrexate injectable after many yrs when I was on the PO at s low dose which caused hair loss just recently I was put in the I injectable and was told that the side effects or not as ...