Methotrexate sodium and Ataxia aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 89,800 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Ataxia aggravated is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Enbrel and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate sodium and have Ataxia aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
89,800 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium.
Among them, 55 people (0.06%) have Ataxia aggravated.
What is Methotrexate sodium?
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 91,108 Methotrexate sodium users.
What is Ataxia aggravated?
Ataxia aggravated (serious loss of full control of bodily movements) is found to be associated with 1,406 drugs and 402 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 6 people who have Ataxia aggravated.
Number of Methotrexate sodium and Ataxia aggravated reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Ataxia aggravated *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 75.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ataxia aggravated when taking Methotrexate sodium *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Ataxia aggravated when taking Methotrexate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 22.45 %
- 20-29: 6.12 %
- 30-39: 4.08 %
- 40-49: 4.08 %
- 50-59: 18.37 %
- 60+: 30.61 %
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate sodium *:
- Enbrel: 8 people, 14.55%
- Folic Acid: 7 people, 12.73%
- Amlodipine: 7 people, 12.73%
- Simvastatin: 6 people, 10.91%
- Sulfamethoxazole: 5 people, 9.09%
- Vincristine Sulfate: 5 people, 9.09%
- Prednisone: 5 people, 9.09%
- Fluconazole: 5 people, 9.09%
- Lansoprazole: 5 people, 9.09%
- Cyclophosphamide: 5 people, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Ataxia aggravated *:
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 14 people, 25.45%
- Leukoencephalopathy (disease of the white matter in the brain): 13 people, 23.64%
- Memory Loss: 11 people, 20.00%
- Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system): 8 people, 14.55%
- Apraxia (disorder that affects a person's ability to organize the movements of the muscles used in speech): 7 people, 12.73%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 10.91%
- Fall: 5 people, 9.09%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 5 people, 9.09%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 7.27%
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body): 4 people, 7.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 8 people, 14.55%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 8 people, 14.55%
- B Precursor Type Acute Leukaemia (lymphoid cancer): 4 people, 7.27%
- Breast Cancer: 4 people, 7.27%
- Metastases To Meninges (cancer spreads to meninges): 4 people, 7.27%
- Juvenile Arthritis (arthritis-related condition that develops in children or teenagers): 4 people, 7.27%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 3 people, 5.45%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 5.45%
- B-Cell Type Acute Leukaemia (cancer of the white blood cells): 3 people, 5.45%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 5.45%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate sodium and have Ataxia aggravated?Check whether Ataxia aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
Methotrexate sodium side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Methotrexate sodium side effects (91,108 reports)
Ataxia aggravated treatments and more:
- Ataxia aggravated (6 reports)
Common drugs associated with Ataxia aggravated:
- Aspirin: 944 reports
- Gabapentin: 895 reports
- Gilenya: 718 reports
- Loraz: 707 reports
- Lorazepam: 707 reports
- Lamotrigine: 682 reports
- Prednisone: 640 reports
- Clonazepam: 625 reports
- Vitamin d: 587 reports
- Lyrica: 568 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ataxia aggravated:
- Ataxia aggravated (1,406 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ataxia aggravated:
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,687 reports
- Epilepsy: 838 reports
- Depression: 733 reports
- High blood pressure: 641 reports
- Pain: 512 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ataxia aggravated:
- Ataxia aggravated (402 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate sodium) and Methotrexate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atenolol and Olmesartan Medoxomil, Amlodipine And Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Lotemax and Cannabis drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Humira and Pulmonary Mass - 10 seconds ago
- Torsemide and Iressa drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Latuda and Withdrawal Syndrome - 17 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Photopsia - a minute ago
- Revlimid and Vitamin D2 drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zyprexa and Glucotrol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ambrisentan and Broken Bone - 2 minutes ago
- Nolvadex and Metastasis - 2 minutes ago