Methotrexate sodium and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate sodium and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 80,875 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
80,875 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium.
Among them, 1,001 people (1.24%) have Psoriasis.
What is Methotrexate sodium?
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 82,183 Methotrexate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,265 drugs and 1,579 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate sodium and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Methotrexate sodium*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Methotrexate sodium *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate sodium *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate sodium and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
- Psoriasis and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium (7,642 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate sodium:
- Methotrexate sodium (82,183 reports)
Common Methotrexate sodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,198 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,265 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,579 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate sodium) and Methotrexate sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Soliris and High Blood Pressure - 5 seconds ago
- Simponi and Erysipelas - 9 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime and Vitamin E drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Flonase Allergy Relief and Guaifenesin drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Eosinophilic Colitis - 21 seconds ago
- Betaderm and Heart Rate Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Patanol and Levaquin drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Ventricular Hypokinesia - 27 seconds ago
- Glucotrol Xl and Nasal Discharge - 30 seconds ago
- Clozapine and General Physical Health Deterioration - 33 seconds ago