Methotrexate and Abdominal abscess - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abdominal abscess is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Abdominal abscess. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 251 people (0.05%) have Abdominal abscess.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,886 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abdominal abscess?
Abdominal abscess (collection of pus in abdomen) is found to be associated with 1,453 drugs and 901 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Abdominal abscess reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Abdominal abscess *:
Gender of people who have Abdominal abscess when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Abdominal abscess when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Abdominal abscess *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Abdominal abscess?Check whether Abdominal abscess is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Abdominal abscess and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,886 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abdominal abscess treatments and more:
- Abdominal abscess (5,154 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abdominal abscess:
- Abdominal abscess in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abdominal abscess in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abdominal abscess in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Abdominal abscess:
- Humira: 688 reports
- Prednisone: 550 reports
- Remicade: 254 reports
- Methotrexate: 251 reports
- Accutane: 178 reports
- Prednisolone: 175 reports
- Omeprazole: 153 reports
- Metronidazole: 140 reports
- Metformin: 138 reports
- Azathioprine: 138 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Abdominal abscess:
- Abdominal abscess (1,453 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abdominal abscess:
- Crohn's disease: 1,251 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 313 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 184 reports
- High blood pressure: 172 reports
- Pain: 138 reports
- Colon cancer: 108 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Abdominal abscess:
- Abdominal abscess (901 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sodium Nitroprusside and Bruxism Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Bell'S Palsy and drugs of ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride - 10 seconds ago
- Eylea and Necrotising Fasciitis - 28 seconds ago
- Reyataz and Throat Irritation - 43 seconds ago
- Clindagel and Skin - Clammy - 45 seconds ago
- Fludara and Fentanyl Transdermal System drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Hair Loss and drugs of ingredients of imiquimod - a minute ago
- Dry Mouth in Biotin, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Biaxin Xl and Renal Failure Acute - a minute ago
- Topicort and Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago