Methotrexate and Abdominal pain - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 289,603 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
289,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 4,380 people (1.51%) have Abdominal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Abdominal pain *:
- < 1 month: 37.53 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.33 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 71.67 %
- male: 28.33 %
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.22 %
- 2-9: 6.08 %
- 10-19: 12.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 449 people, 10.25%
- Pain: 276 people, 6.30%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 246 people, 5.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 237 people, 5.41%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 176 people, 4.02%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 1,088 people, 24.84%
- Folic Acid: 716 people, 16.35%
- Enbrel: 649 people, 14.82%
- Prednisone: 479 people, 10.94%
- Remicade: 371 people, 8.47%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 1,245 people, 28.42%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,093 people, 24.95%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 916 people, 20.91%
- Fever: 638 people, 14.57%
- Joint Pain: 608 people, 13.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Abdominal pain while taking Methotrexate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal pain
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal pain in Methotrexate
You are not alone:
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 293,222 users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with crohn's disease, birth control, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 159,644 Abdominal pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal painAbdominal pain (3,618 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal painAbdominal pain (4,088 conditions)
Methotrexate side effects
- Methotrexate side effects (289,745 reports)
Browse all side effects of Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Premature Baby with Insulin? - now
- Will you have Heart Murmurs with Depo-Provera? - a second ago
- What to expect when you have Marfan'S Syndrome and Photopsia? - 2 seconds ago
- Cosopt and Prozac drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin'S with Tegretol? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Lamictal, Wellbutrin Xl, Gabapentin - 34 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Penicillin for a 20 year old woman - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Protonix, Singulair, Zyrtec, Provigil, Buspar, Imitrex - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Amlodipine, Metoprolol Tartrate, Vitamin D3, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Loratadine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Alendronic Acid - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.