Methotrexate and Buccal mucosal roughening - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Buccal mucosal roughening is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Buccal mucosal roughening. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 9 people (0.0%) have Buccal mucosal roughening.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,855 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Buccal mucosal roughening?
Buccal mucosal roughening is found to be associated with 203 drugs and 131 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Buccal mucosal roughening reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Buccal mucosal roughening when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Buccal mucosal roughening when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 62.5 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
- Enbrel: 7 people, 77.78%
- Xeloda: 1 person, 11.11%
- Taxotere: 1 person, 11.11%
- Simponi: 1 person, 11.11%
- Pamidronate Disodium: 1 person, 11.11%
- Gemcitabine: 1 person, 11.11%
- Fluorouracil: 1 person, 11.11%
- Epirubicin Hydrochloride: 1 person, 11.11%
- Cyclophosphamide: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Buccal mucosal roughening *:
- Viral Infection: 5 people, 55.56%
- Oral Mucosal Erythema (redness of the mucous membrane of mouth): 5 people, 55.56%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 55.56%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 55.56%
- Glossitis (infection of tongue with soreness): 5 people, 55.56%
- Kidney Stones: 5 people, 55.56%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 55.56%
- Tongue Disorder (disease of tongue): 5 people, 55.56%
- Mouth Ulcers: 5 people, 55.56%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 55.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Buccal mucosal roughening?Check whether Buccal mucosal roughening is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Buccal mucosal roughening and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,855 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Buccal mucosal roughening treatments and more:
- Buccal mucosal roughening (197 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Buccal mucosal roughening:
- Buccal mucosal roughening in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Buccal mucosal roughening in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Buccal mucosal roughening in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Buccal mucosal roughening:
- Buccal mucosal roughening (203 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Buccal mucosal roughening:
- Buccal mucosal roughening (131 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ritalin and Photosensitivity Reaction - 5 seconds ago
- Requip and Death - 7 seconds ago
- Vectical and Vitamin D drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Dry Mouth and drugs of ingredients of ergocalciferol - 14 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Clostridium Difficile Toxin Test Positive - 15 seconds ago
- Cytoxan and Candidiasis - 15 seconds ago
- Vitamin B1 and Diflucan drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Heparin and Dark Circles Under Eyes - 17 seconds ago
- Dhc Plus and Pain Exacerbated - 18 seconds ago
- Rashes in Revlimid, how severe and when it was recovered? - 20 seconds ago