Methotrexate and Clostridium difficile colitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Clostridium difficile colitis is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Clostridium difficile colitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 743 people (0.14%) have Clostridium difficile colitis.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 571,355 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Clostridium difficile colitis?
Clostridium difficile colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection) is found to be associated with 2,148 drugs and 1,728 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Clostridium difficile colitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Clostridium difficile colitis *:
Gender of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Clostridium difficile colitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Clostridium difficile colitis?Check whether Clostridium difficile colitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Clostridium difficile colitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (571,355 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 115,658 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 42,271 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Clostridium difficile colitis treatments and more:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (13,142 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Clostridium difficile colitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Prednisone: 1,229 reports
- Methotrexate: 743 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 735 reports
- Aspirin: 730 reports
- Omeprazole: 579 reports
- Metronidazole: 577 reports
- Etoposide: 560 reports
- Pantoprazole: 550 reports
- Cytarabine: 544 reports
- Furosemide: 501 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (2,148 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Multiple myeloma: 766 reports
- High blood pressure: 709 reports
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all): 472 reports
- Pain: 463 reports
- Crohn's disease: 358 reports
- Urinary tract infection: 338 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 332 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Clostridium difficile colitis:
- Clostridium difficile colitis (1,728 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Omnicef and Mobic drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Insulin and Patient-Device Incompatibility - 8 seconds ago
- How effective is Clarinex for Allergies? - 20 seconds ago
- Inderal and Tibia Fracture - 22 seconds ago
- Felodipine and Cardiac Asthma - 25 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Cerebellar Ischaemia - 25 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Delusional Disorder, Persecutory Type - 37 seconds ago
- Topamax and Torticollis - 50 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Bleeding Into The Skin - 54 seconds ago
- Zosyn and Myoclonus - 54 seconds ago