Methotrexate and Crohn's disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Crohn's disease is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Crohn's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 4,579 people (0.88%) have Crohn's disease.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,927 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Crohn's disease?
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) is found to be associated with 2,525 drugs and 1,974 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Crohn's disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Crohn's disease *:
Gender of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Crohn's disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Crohn's disease?Check whether Crohn's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Crohn's disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,927 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 25,739 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Crohn's disease treatments and more:
- Crohn's disease (311,603 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Crohn's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Crohn's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Crohn's disease:
- Humira: 20,999 reports
- Remicade: 8,065 reports
- Prednisone: 7,967 reports
- Accutane: 7,519 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,579 reports
- Stelara: 3,791 reports
- Cimzia: 3,233 reports
- Azathioprine: 2,537 reports
- Imuran: 1,872 reports
- Pentasa: 1,718 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease (2,525 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Crohn's disease:
- Acne: 4,791 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,983 reports
- Pain: 1,966 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,721 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Crohn's disease:
- Crohn's disease (1,974 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acamprosate Calcium and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 2 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Aortic Aneurysm - 6 seconds ago
- Sodium Chloride and Bundle Branch Block Left - 7 seconds ago
- Glucagon and Blood Lactic Acid Increased - 11 seconds ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Pitavastatin Calcium drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Azacitidine and Bleeding Into The Skin - 20 seconds ago
- Heparin and Oxygen Saturation Abnormal - 21 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (Pid) - 22 seconds ago
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride and Injection Site Bruising - 24 seconds ago
- Novolin N and Flovent Hfa drug interaction - 33 seconds ago