Who have Diarrhoea with Methotrexate - from FDA reports
Diarrhoea is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 289,603 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
289,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 8,822 people (3.05%) have Diarrhoea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Diarrhoea *:
- < 1 month: 38.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.03 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.07 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.51 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.85 %
- 10+ years: 4.59 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 74.49 %
- male: 25.51 %
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.99 %
- 2-9: 4.06 %
- 10-19: 5.72 %
- 20-29: 3.57 %
- 30-39: 6.94 %
- 40-49: 13.23 %
- 50-59: 26.29 %
- 60+: 39.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 729 people, 8.26%
- Pain: 524 people, 5.94%
- High Blood Pressure: 500 people, 5.67%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 462 people, 5.24%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 425 people, 4.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 1,936 people, 21.95%
- Enbrel: 1,919 people, 21.75%
- Folic Acid: 1,146 people, 12.99%
- Plaquenil: 815 people, 9.24%
- Arava: 781 people, 8.85%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2,414 people, 27.36%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2,115 people, 23.97%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,352 people, 15.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 1,256 people, 14.24%
- Abdominal Pain: 1,245 people, 14.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone:
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 293,222 users)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 371,816 Diarrhoea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (4,087 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (5,113 conditions)
Methotrexate side effects
- Methotrexate side effects (289,745 reports)
Browse all side effects of Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Impaired Driving Ability with Omeprazole? - now
- Will you have Haematinuria with Norcuron? - a second ago
- Will you have Ulcer - Peptic with Gambodia? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Facial Swelling with Pravastatin Sodium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Age-Related Hearing Loss with Finasteride? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Nuvaring, Zyrtec - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Zofran, Protonix, Ibu, Zantac - an hour ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Florinef, Corlanor - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Sudafed, Vyvanse - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.