Methotrexate and Irritable bowel syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Irritable bowel syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 2,728 people (0.53%) have Irritable bowel syndrome.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 571,355 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable bowel syndrome is found to be associated with 2,657 drugs and 2,070 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Irritable bowel syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Irritable bowel syndrome *:
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Irritable bowel syndrome *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Irritable bowel syndrome?Check whether Irritable bowel syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Irritable bowel syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (571,355 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 42,271 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Irritable bowel syndrome treatments and more:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (46,583 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Irritable bowel syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Accutane: 4,848 reports
- Prednisone: 2,927 reports
- Cimzia: 2,918 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,728 reports
- Oxycodone: 2,635 reports
- Exidine: 2,546 reports
- Enbrel: 2,492 reports
- Profen: 2,356 reports
- Ibu: 2,355 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,355 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,657 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,944 reports
- Acne: 3,224 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,869 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,043 reports
- Pain: 954 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2,070 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Butalbital And Acetaminophen and Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (Slipped Disk) - 6 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Furosemide drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Doxycycline Hyclate and Tylenol drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Vincristine Sulfate and Gilbert'S Syndrome - 14 seconds ago
- Depression and Conjunctivitis Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Pentoxifylline and Consciousness - Decreased - 29 seconds ago
- Vincristine Sulfate and Neoplasm Malignant - 33 seconds ago
- Glucotrol Xl and Metastases To Lung - 35 seconds ago
- Restoril and Lung Disorder - a minute ago
- Cough Aggravated in Enbrel, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago