Methotrexate and Nasal congestion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nasal congestion is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Nasal congestion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 2,881 people (0.56%) have Nasal congestion.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,868 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nasal congestion?
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) is found to be associated with 3,038 drugs and 2,243 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Nasal congestion reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Nasal congestion *:
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Nasal congestion *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Nasal congestion?Check whether Nasal congestion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Nasal congestion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,868 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nasal congestion treatments and more:
- Nasal congestion (66,850 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nasal congestion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nasal congestion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Nasal congestion:
- Prednisone: 5,255 reports
- Letairis: 3,800 reports
- Enbrel: 3,479 reports
- Humira: 3,225 reports
- Xolair: 2,887 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,881 reports
- Aspirin: 2,546 reports
- Opsumit: 2,537 reports
- Singulair: 2,533 reports
- Symbicort: 2,197 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion (3,038 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nasal congestion:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,822 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 5,219 reports
- Asthma: 4,871 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,990 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,861 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,748 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion (2,243 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ketoprofen and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Erythrocin and Hepatic Neoplasm - 2 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Plantar Fasciitis - 12 seconds ago
- Toprol-Xl and Tinnitus - 13 seconds ago
- Fever and drugs of ingredients of clarithromycin - 29 seconds ago
- Leukine and Hypothyroidism - 37 seconds ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Norfloxacin drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Relistor drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor and Headache - 44 seconds ago
- Mirabegron and Bipolar Disorder - 46 seconds ago