Methotrexate and Pancreatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Pancreatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 1,964 people (0.38%) have Pancreatitis.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,906 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,766 drugs and 1,960 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Pancreatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Pancreatitis *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Pancreatitis?Check whether Pancreatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sirkeci, ?., Sirkeci, E. E., & Ta?el, B. , "Rivaroxaban-induced acute pancreatitis", The European Research Journal, 2018 Jan .
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
- Liao, K. F., Huang, P. T., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. L., & Lai, S. W., "Fluvastatin use and risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", Biomedicine, 2014 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
How severe was Pancreatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
- Pancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium (1,640 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,906 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis (56,678 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis:
- Seroquel: 4,892 reports
- Metformin: 4,060 reports
- Byetta: 3,275 reports
- Januvia: 2,572 reports
- Zyprexa: 2,458 reports
- Prednisone: 2,450 reports
- Victoza: 2,301 reports
- Aspirin: 2,217 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,105 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,964 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (2,766 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis:
- Type 2 diabetes: 5,528 reports
- Diabetes: 3,048 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,706 reports
- Depression: 2,134 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,792 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (1,960 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Risperdal and Pancytopenia Aggravated - 4 seconds ago
- How effective is Voltaren for Antiinflammatory Therapy? - 10 seconds ago
- Gastritis and Fever - 12 seconds ago
- How effective is Vitamin D for Vitamin A Deficiency? - 16 seconds ago
- Zometa and Lip And/Or Oral Cavity Cancer - 18 seconds ago
- Zicam and Klonopin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Psyllium and Nasal Congestion - 32 seconds ago
- Zofran and Methotrexate drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Allegra and Cutivate drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Renal Cancer Recurrent - 46 seconds ago