Methotrexate and Tenderness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Tenderness is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take Enbrel and have Psoriatic arthropathy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Tenderness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 1,507 people (0.29%) have Tenderness.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 571,372 Methotrexate users.
What is Tenderness?
Tenderness (pain or discomfort when an affected area is touched) is found to be associated with 1,751 drugs and 1,003 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 12,520 people who have Tenderness.
Number of Methotrexate and Tenderness reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Tenderness *:
Gender of people who have Tenderness when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Tenderness when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Tenderness *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Tenderness?Check whether Tenderness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
Methotrexate side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Methotrexate side effects (571,372 reports)
Tenderness treatments and more:
- Tenderness (12,520 reports)
Common drugs associated with Tenderness:
- Methotrexate: 1,507 reports
- Prednisone: 1,349 reports
- Enbrel: 1,285 reports
- Humira: 1,096 reports
- Xeljanz: 844 reports
- Synthroid: 830 reports
- Zometa: 821 reports
- Aspirin: 810 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 744 reports
- Celebrex: 656 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tenderness:
- Tenderness (1,751 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tenderness:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,385 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 642 reports
- Pain: 524 reports
- High blood pressure: 463 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tenderness:
- Tenderness (1,003 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Roflumilast drug interaction - a second ago
- Flexeril and Oxytocin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Mentax and Ambien drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Jentadueto and Montelukast Sodium drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Transdermal System and Hot Flushes Aggravated - 56 seconds ago
- Belviq and Drowsiness - a minute ago
- Belviq and Headache - a minute ago
- Belviq and Drug Ineffective - a minute ago
- Iodine and Gabapentin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol and Pneumonia - a minute ago