Methotrexate and Weight - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Weight is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Weight. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 1,435 people (0.28%) have Weight.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,886 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Weight?
Weight is found to be associated with 2,740 drugs and 2,209 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Weight reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Weight *:
Gender of people who have Weight when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Weight when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Weight *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Weight?Check whether Weight is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Weight and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
- Weight and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium (1,439 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,886 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Weight treatments and more:
- Weight (50,812 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Weight:
- Weight in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Weight in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Weight in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Weight:
- Risperdal: 4,515 reports
- Seroquel: 2,223 reports
- Risperidone: 2,094 reports
- Prednisone: 1,985 reports
- Zyprexa: 1,608 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,435 reports
- Metformin: 1,423 reports
- Humira: 1,377 reports
- Aspirin: 1,279 reports
- Abilify: 1,235 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weight:
- Weight (2,740 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weight:
- Depression: 2,066 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 1,904 reports
- Schizophrenia: 1,856 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 1,335 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,334 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,226 reports
- Pain: 1,051 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weight:
- Weight (2,209 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Gabapentin for Generalized Anxiety Disorder? - 17 seconds ago
- Vicodin and Uterine Contractions - 18 seconds ago
- Trandate and Corneal Abscess - 19 seconds ago
- Sedation and Mood Swings - 20 seconds ago
- Arthritis and Blood Parathyroid Hormone Increased - 23 seconds ago
- Duragesic-12 and Ambien drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Abilify and Thyroid Cancer - 50 seconds ago
- Tinnitus Aggravated in Magic Mushrooms, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- How effective is Elavil for Generalized Anxiety Disorder? - a minute ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - a minute ago