Methyldopa and Nosebleed - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 6,059 people who have side effects when taking Methyldopa. Nosebleed is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Pantoprazole and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methyldopa and have Nosebleed. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Methyldopa.
Among them, 40 people (0.66%) have Nosebleed.
What is Methyldopa?
Methyldopa has active ingredients of methyldopa. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 6,189 Methyldopa users.
What is Nosebleed?
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) is found to be associated with 3,322 drugs and 2,994 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 87,757 people who have Nosebleed.
Number of Methyldopa and Nosebleed reports submitted per year:
Time on Methyldopa when people have Nosebleed *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Methyldopa *:
- female: 89.74 %
- male: 10.26 %
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Methyldopa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 47.22 %
- 60+: 38.89 %
Common drugs people take besides Methyldopa *:
- Pantoprazole: 19 people, 47.50%
- Cymbalta: 18 people, 45.00%
- Naltrexone: 17 people, 42.50%
- Ativan: 17 people, 42.50%
- Nasonex: 17 people, 42.50%
- Actemra: 17 people, 42.50%
- Mestinon: 17 people, 42.50%
- Xeljanz: 14 people, 35.00%
- Morphine: 13 people, 32.50%
- Elavil: 11 people, 27.50%
Common side effects people have besides Nosebleed *:
- Diarrhea: 23 people, 57.50%
- Breathing Difficulty: 20 people, 50.00%
- Fever: 20 people, 50.00%
- Weakness: 19 people, 47.50%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 19 people, 47.50%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 19 people, 47.50%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 19 people, 47.50%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 18 people, 45.00%
- Skin Ulcer: 18 people, 45.00%
- Joint Pain: 18 people, 45.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 19 people, 47.50%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 18 people, 45.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 6 people, 15.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 10.00%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 7.50%
- Tumor Thrombosis: 2 people, 5.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 5.00%
- Lip Disorder (disease of lip): 2 people, 5.00%
- Mouth Injury: 2 people, 5.00%
- Mucosal Inflammation (infection of mucous membrane): 2 people, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methyldopa and have Nosebleed?Check whether Nosebleed is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Methyldopa side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Methyldopa side effects (6,189 reports)
Nosebleed treatments and more:
- Nosebleed (87,757 reports)
Common drugs associated with Nosebleed:
- Xarelto: 7,688 reports
- Aspirin: 6,873 reports
- Prednisone: 3,244 reports
- Furosemide: 3,049 reports
- Coumadin: 3,010 reports
- Eliquis: 2,970 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,751 reports
- Lasix: 2,622 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,530 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,511 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nosebleed:
- Nosebleed (3,322 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nosebleed:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 6,595 reports
- Stroke: 4,890 reports
- High blood pressure: 4,076 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 3,089 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,972 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nosebleed:
- Nosebleed (2,994 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methyldopa (the active ingredients of Methyldopa) and Methyldopa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lariam and High Blood Pressure - 17 seconds ago
- Sandostatin and Estrogel drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Urinary Tract Infection Bacterial - 20 seconds ago
- Halflytely and Sucralfate drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Botox and Victoza drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Pantoprazole drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Evenity drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Lexiva drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Cellcept and Jardiance drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Premphase and Osteosclerosis - 44 seconds ago