Who have Weight gain with Methylprednisolone sodium succinate - from FDA reports
Weight gain is found among people who take Methylprednisolone sodium succinate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,564 people who have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone sodium succinate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
4,564 people reported to have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone sodium succinate.
Among them, 52 people (1.14%) have Weight gain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methylprednisolone sodium succinate when people have Weight gain *:
- < 1 month: 81.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Methylprednisolone sodium succinate *:
- female: 59.62 %
- male: 40.38 %
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Methylprednisolone sodium succinate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 18.75 %
- 40-49: 22.92 %
- 50-59: 29.17 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 16 people, 30.77%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 11 people, 21.15%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 8 people, 15.38%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 13.46%
- Aplastic Anemia: 5 people, 9.62%
- Allergies: 4 people, 7.69%
- Convulsion Prophylaxis (prevention of seizure): 3 people, 5.77%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 5.77%
- Pyogenic Liver Abscess (liver abscess caused by bacteria): 3 people, 5.77%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 5.77%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levofloxacin: 12 people, 23.08%
- Methotrexate: 12 people, 23.08%
- Acyclovir: 11 people, 21.15%
- Fludarabine Phosphate: 10 people, 19.23%
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate: 10 people, 19.23%
- Prednisolone: 9 people, 17.31%
- Acetaminophen: 8 people, 15.38%
- Benadryl: 8 people, 15.38%
- Fluconazole: 8 people, 15.38%
- Itraconazole: 8 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 15 people, 28.85%
- Fever: 15 people, 28.85%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 14 people, 26.92%
- Weakness: 13 people, 25.00%
- Itching: 11 people, 21.15%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10 people, 19.23%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 17.31%
- Diarrhea: 9 people, 17.31%
- Pain: 8 people, 15.38%
- Drug Ineffective: 8 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Weight gain while taking Methylprednisolone sodium succinate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weight gain
- Subscribe to monitor Weight gain in Methylprednisolone sodium succinate
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Methylprednisolone sodium succinate and have Weight gain
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Methylprednisolone sodium succinate
Methylprednisolone sodium succinate has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. (latest outcomes from Methylprednisolone sodium succinate 4,574 users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, birth control, pain (latest reports from 157,696 Weight gain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Weight gainWeight gain (3,351 drugs)
Could your condition cause Weight gainWeight gain (3,514 conditions)
Methylprednisolone sodium succinate side effects
- Methylprednisolone sodium succinate side effects (4,566 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Methylprednisolone sodium succinatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Eslami Shahrbabaki M, Nasirian M, Eslami Shahrbabaki P, "Extreme Weight Gain due to Short-term Use of Low-dose Propranolol", Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type with Abdominal Infection? - now
- Symfi Lo and Mad-Apple drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Lymphoma with Xyrem? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Neck Pain with Progesterone? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Neck with Progesterone? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Neck Stiffness with Progesterone? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Cervical Spine Pain with Progesterone? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stiff Neck with Progesterone? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Micturition Disorder with Actemra? - 5 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Eastern Burning Bush drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Pineal Hormone - 2 minutes ago
- A study for a 2 year old boy who takes Cetirizine Hydrochloride - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Norco - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Metoprolol Succinate, Prolia, Prednisone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Calcium, Vitamin D - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Wellbutrin, Eliquis, Tiazac - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 78 year old man who takes Anoro Ellipta - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Phentermine Resin 30, Ramipril, Pantoprazole, Effexor Xr - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Phentermine Resin 30, Ramipril, Pantoprazole, Effexor Xr - 12 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.