Metoprolol tartrate and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metoprolol tartrate and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,731 people who have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate.
Among them, 44 people (0.06%) have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
What is Metoprolol tartrate?
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 81,409 Metoprolol tartrate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system) is found to be associated with 1,615 drugs and 1,217 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metoprolol tartrate and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Metoprolol tartrate when people have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- female: 46.51 %
- male: 53.49 %
Age of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.86 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 82.86 %
Common drugs people take besides Metoprolol tartrate *:
- Revlimid: 12 people, 27.27%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 6 people, 13.64%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 13.64%
- Lipitor: 6 people, 13.64%
- Flomax: 5 people, 11.36%
- Methotrexate: 5 people, 11.36%
- Omeprazole: 4 people, 9.09%
- Simvastatin: 4 people, 9.09%
- Allopurinol: 3 people, 6.82%
- Protonix: 3 people, 6.82%
Common side effects people have besides Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- Swallowing Difficulty: 6 people, 13.64%
- Cough: 6 people, 13.64%
- Fever: 5 people, 11.36%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 11.36%
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 9.09%
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 9.09%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 4 people, 9.09%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 4 people, 9.09%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4 people, 9.09%
- Gait Disturbance: 4 people, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 11.36%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 3 people, 6.82%
- Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells): 2 people, 4.55%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 4.55%
- Intracranial Aneurysm (bulging, weak area in the wall of a cranial artery): 2 people, 4.55%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 4.55%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 2 people, 4.55%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 4.55%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 4.55%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metoprolol tartrate and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?Check whether Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor A, Kumar V, Beniwal S, Dutta S, Goyal S, Kumar HS, "Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Not necessarily reversible!", Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal, 2015 Mar .
How severe was Non-hodgkin's lymphoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metoprolol tartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metoprolol tartrate:
- Metoprolol tartrate (81,409 reports)
Common Metoprolol tartrate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,424 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,010 reports
- Diarrhea: 4,400 reports
- Weakness: 4,372 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,914 reports
- Dizziness: 3,819 reports
Browse all side effects of Metoprolol tartrate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatments and more:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (63,958 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Methotrexate: 2,119 reports
- Prednisone: 1,460 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,438 reports
- Zantac: 979 reports
- Prednisolone: 956 reports
- Revlimid: 907 reports
- Humira: 892 reports
- Enbrel: 890 reports
- Azathioprine: 806 reports
- Remicade: 689 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,615 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,902 reports
- Indigestion: 460 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 422 reports
- High blood pressure: 401 reports
- Crohn's disease: 342 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 287 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,217 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoprolol tartrate (the active ingredients of Metoprolol tartrate) and Metoprolol tartrate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyzine and Facial Paralysis - now
- Optipranolol and Macular Degeneration - 8 seconds ago
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Status Epilepticus - 9 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine and Diflucan drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Kadcyla and Abdominal Distension - 43 seconds ago
- Victoza and Tooth Loss - a minute ago
- Vitamin E and Wixela Inhub drug interaction - a minute ago
- Midamor and Nausea - a minute ago
- Losartan Potassium and Breast Cancer Recurrent - a minute ago
- Kadcyla and Abdominal Symptom - a minute ago