Metoprolol tartrate and Urticaria pigmentosa - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Urticaria pigmentosa is found among people who take Metoprolol tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metoprolol tartrate and have Urticaria pigmentosa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,731 people who have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol tartrate.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Urticaria pigmentosa.
What is Metoprolol tartrate?
Metoprolol tartrate has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 81,456 Metoprolol tartrate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Urticaria pigmentosa?
Urticaria pigmentosa (skin disease that produces patches of darker skin (lesions) and very bad itching) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 204 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metoprolol tartrate and Urticaria pigmentosa reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Urticaria pigmentosa when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Urticaria pigmentosa when taking Metoprolol tartrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Metoprolol tartrate *:
- Zyrtec: 5 people, 71.43%
- Oxycontin: 5 people, 71.43%
- Diprolene: 5 people, 71.43%
- Gleevec: 5 people, 71.43%
- Coumadin: 5 people, 71.43%
- Clotrimazole: 5 people, 71.43%
- Cipro: 5 people, 71.43%
- Zometa: 5 people, 71.43%
- Methimazole: 5 people, 71.43%
- Augmentin '125': 5 people, 71.43%
Common side effects people have besides Urticaria pigmentosa *:
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 5 people, 71.43%
- Jaw Disorder (jaw disease): 5 people, 71.43%
- Oral Pruritus (itching in mouth): 5 people, 71.43%
- Oral Pain: 5 people, 71.43%
- Diplopia (double vision): 5 people, 71.43%
- Nasal Septum Deviation (deviated nasal septum): 5 people, 71.43%
- Mouth Ulcers: 5 people, 71.43%
- Metastasis (spreadable cancer to other organ from origin): 5 people, 71.43%
- Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells): 5 people, 71.43%
- Jaw Fracture: 5 people, 71.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 71.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metoprolol tartrate and have Urticaria pigmentosa?Check whether Urticaria pigmentosa is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Urticaria pigmentosa and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metoprolol tartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metoprolol tartrate:
- Metoprolol tartrate (81,456 reports)
Common Metoprolol tartrate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,424 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,010 reports
- Diarrhea: 4,400 reports
- Weakness: 4,372 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,914 reports
- Dizziness: 3,819 reports
Browse all side effects of Metoprolol tartrate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Urticaria pigmentosa treatments and more:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (1,004 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (204 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoprolol tartrate (the active ingredients of Metoprolol tartrate) and Metoprolol tartrate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levitra and Photophobia - 14 seconds ago
- Keflex and Exkivity drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Eprex and Venofer drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Procardia and Acute Severe Asthma - a minute ago
- Ziagen and Conduction Disorder - a minute ago
- Latuda and Enuresis Aggravated - a minute ago
- Promethazine W/ Codeine and Baclofen drug interaction - a minute ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Ulcerative Colitis - 2 minutes ago
- Rashes and drugs of ingredients of peginterferon alfa 2a - 2 minutes ago
- Sivextro and Cellulitis Aggravated - 2 minutes ago