Metronidazole and Cerebellar syndrome - from FDA reports
Cerebellar syndrome is found among people who take Metronidazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cefotaxime, and have Pyogenic liver abscess. This review analyzes which people have Cerebellar syndrome with Metronidazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,502 people who have side effects when taking Metronidazole from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
22,502 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole.
Among them, 142 people (0.63%) have Cerebellar syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metronidazole when people have Cerebellar syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cerebellar syndrome when taking Metronidazole *:
- female: 48.33 %
- male: 51.67 %
Age of people who have Cerebellar syndrome when taking Metronidazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.17 %
- 20-29: 9.48 %
- 30-39: 29.31 %
- 40-49: 5.17 %
- 50-59: 15.52 %
- 60+: 35.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pyogenic Liver Abscess (25 people, 17.61%)
- Brain Abscess (14 people, 9.86%)
- Preventive Health Care (10 people, 7.04%)
- Crohn's Disease (8 people, 5.63%)
- Abdominal Infection (8 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12 (8 people, 5.63%)
- Cefotaxime (8 people, 5.63%)
- Ceftriaxone (7 people, 4.93%)
- Amoxicillin (6 people, 4.23%)
- Metoclopramide (4 people, 2.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Speech Impairment (adult) (40 people, 28.17%)
- Movement - Uncoordinated (33 people, 23.24%)
- Toxic Encephalopathy (26 people, 18.31%)
- Axonal Neuropathy (20 people, 14.08%)
- Gait Disturbance (19 people, 13.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cerebellar syndrome when taking Metronidazole?
- Check symptoms - is cerebellar syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCerebellar syndrome and drugs with ingredients of metronidazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCerebellar syndrome and Metronidazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Metronidazole 23,756 users)
Cerebellar syndrome (impaired blood circulation to cerebellum due to lesion in artery) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, hiv infection (latest reports from 1,947 Cerebellar syndrome patients).
Browse all side effects of Metronidazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cerebellar syndromeCerebellar syndrome
Could your condition cause Cerebellar syndromeCerebellar syndrome
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have several canker sores in my mouth now, and today my doctor prescribed 20 (2x day) 500mg Metronidazole for a sinus bacterial infection. Is it OK to start this medicine before the canker sores heal or will it make the canker sore worse? Should I delay starting this medicine or perhaps not ...
User reviews to the study
I took this pill because of a dental problem for only 3 days. 125mg. Not only did it destroy my stomach but it put me into arrhythmia which I had never had in my life before. I had to call an ambulance because of the severe stomach pain it caused me. I was in a fetal position for a day despite ...
Just started taking cephalexin and metronidazole, prescribed to me to treat SIBO and leaky gut. I'm supposed to take both pills every 8 hours for 10 days. My insurance refused to cover the better treatment, so they prescribed these to antibiotics. I'm concerned about side effects and my health.
Hi..My daughter was just on it for Bacterial Vaginitis and is having still having flank pain 10 days later. We've had every test except a CT scan..been into the ER 3 times. Does anyone have it where it goes into lower back too, and this long after finishing it?