Metronidazole and Markedly reduced food intake - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Markedly reduced food intake is found among people who take Metronidazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metronidazole and have Markedly reduced food intake. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49,154 people who have side effects when taking Metronidazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
49,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Metronidazole.
Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Markedly reduced food intake.
What is Metronidazole?
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. eHealthMe is studying from 50,509 Metronidazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Markedly reduced food intake?
Markedly reduced food intake is found to be associated with 647 drugs by eHealthMe.
Number of Metronidazole and Markedly reduced food intake reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Markedly reduced food intake when taking Metronidazole *:
- female: 42.86 %
- male: 57.14 %
Age of people who have Markedly reduced food intake when taking Metronidazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Metronidazole *:
- Acetaminophen: 3 people, 37.50%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Amaryl: 2 people, 25.00%
- Atenolol: 2 people, 25.00%
- Cardura: 2 people, 25.00%
- Cephalexin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Gabapentin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 25.00%
- Linezolid: 2 people, 25.00%
- Valproic Acid: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Markedly reduced food intake *:
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 50.00%
- Colitis Pseudomembranous (antibiotic-associated diarrhoea): 2 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 25.00%
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight): 2 people, 25.00%
- Sinus Congestion (blockage of sinus): 2 people, 25.00%
- Sinus Arrhythmia (a naturally occurring variation in heart rate that occurs during a breathing cycle): 2 people, 25.00%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 2 people, 25.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 12.50%
- Cryptococcosis (potentially fatal fungal disease): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metronidazole and have Markedly reduced food intake?Check whether Markedly reduced food intake is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Markedly reduced food intake and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metronidazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metronidazole:
- Metronidazole (50,509 reports)
Common Metronidazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Metronidazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Markedly reduced food intake treatments and more:
- Markedly reduced food intake (1,545 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Markedly reduced food intake:
- Markedly reduced food intake in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Markedly reduced food intake in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Markedly reduced food intake in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Markedly reduced food intake:
- Markedly reduced food intake (647 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Markedly reduced food intake:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metronidazole (the active ingredients of Metronidazole) and Metronidazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nifedipine and Norvasc drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Oxandrolone and Nolvadex drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Hydroxocobalamin and Diovan drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Suboxone and Endocarditis Bacterial - 25 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Horizant drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Insulin and Meningitis - 38 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Skin Discoloration - Bluish - 41 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and drugs of ingredients of edoxaban tosylate - 46 seconds ago
- Bydureon and Synovial Cyst - a minute ago
- Amlodipine and Productive Cough - a minute ago