Miacalcin and Pulmonary mass - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,407 people who have side effects when taking Miacalcin. Pulmonary mass is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Aredia and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Miacalcin and have Pulmonary mass. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Miacalcin.
Among them, 40 people (0.74%) have Pulmonary mass.
What is Miacalcin?
Miacalcin has active ingredients of calcitonin, salmon. It is used in osteoporosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,430 Miacalcin users.
What is Pulmonary mass?
Pulmonary mass is found to be associated with 1,593 drugs and 888 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 16,156 people who have Pulmonary mass.
Number of Miacalcin and Pulmonary mass reports submitted per year:
Time on Miacalcin when people have Pulmonary mass *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pulmonary mass when taking Miacalcin *:
- female: 84.62 %
- male: 15.38 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary mass when taking Miacalcin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.45 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.45 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 72.41 %
Common drugs people take besides Miacalcin *:
- Aredia: 25 people, 62.50%
- Vioxx: 19 people, 47.50%
- Prednisone: 17 people, 42.50%
- Protonix: 16 people, 40.00%
- Zoloft: 16 people, 40.00%
- Ultracet: 15 people, 37.50%
- Folic Acid: 15 people, 37.50%
- Hydroxyzine: 15 people, 37.50%
- Norvasc: 15 people, 37.50%
- Lisinopril: 14 people, 35.00%
Common side effects people have besides Pulmonary mass *:
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 24 people, 60.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 24 people, 60.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 24 people, 60.00%
- Depression: 24 people, 60.00%
- Pain: 24 people, 60.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 23 people, 57.50%
- Fall: 22 people, 55.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 22 people, 55.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 21 people, 52.50%
- Weight Decreased: 21 people, 52.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 40.00%
- Pain: 14 people, 35.00%
- Depression: 14 people, 35.00%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 14 people, 35.00%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 5 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 12.50%
- Bleeding Disorders: 4 people, 10.00%
- Bone Lesion (bone with abnormalities. bone lesions can result from growth formations, infections, or injuries): 3 people, 7.50%
- Facial Nerve Disorder (disease of face nerve): 3 people, 7.50%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 3 people, 7.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Miacalcin and have Pulmonary mass?Check whether Pulmonary mass is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Miacalcin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Miacalcin side effects (5,430 reports)
Pulmonary mass treatments and more:
- Pulmonary mass (16,156 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Prednisone: 2,051 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,958 reports
- Humira: 1,905 reports
- Enbrel: 1,131 reports
- Aspirin: 1,010 reports
- Spiriva: 919 reports
- Vitamin d: 760 reports
- Synthroid: 691 reports
- Symbicort: 628 reports
- Singulair: 622 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Pulmonary mass (1,593 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,521 reports
- Asthma: 982 reports
- High blood pressure: 761 reports
- Pain: 489 reports
- Psoriasis: 474 reports
- Crohn's disease: 459 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 452 reports
- Osteoporosis: 426 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Pulmonary mass (888 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on calcitonin, salmon (the active ingredients of Miacalcin) and Miacalcin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lovastatin and Costochondritis - 14 seconds ago
- Zocor and Asphyxia - 24 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Oxbryta drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Saphris drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Spiriva Respimat and Abraxane drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Luzu drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Corlanor and Thiamine drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Tylenol W/ Codeine and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 47 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Herceptin drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride and Duspatal drug interaction - a minute ago