Micardis and Overdose - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Overdose is found among people who take Micardis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Micardis and have Overdose. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,613 people who have side effects when taking Micardis from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Micardis.
Among them, 159 people (0.62%) have Overdose.
What is Micardis?
Micardis has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 26,639 Micardis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Overdose?
Overdose is found to be associated with 2,855 drugs and 2,397 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Micardis and Overdose reports submitted per year:
Time on Micardis when people have Overdose *:
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Micardis*:
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Micardis *:
Common drugs people take besides Micardis *:
Common side effects people have besides Overdose *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Micardis and have Overdose?Check whether Overdose is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kato Y, Mukai Y, Rane A, Inotsume N, Toda T, "The inhibitory effect of telmisartan on the metabolism of arachidonic acid by CYP2C9 and CYP2C8: an in vitro study", Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2017 Sep .
- Kim HK, Youm JB, Lee SR, Lim SE, Lee SY, Ko TH, Nilius B, Noh JH, Ko KS, Rhee BD, Kim N, "The angiotensin receptor blocker and PPAR-γ agonist, telmisartan, delays inactivation of voltage-gated sodium channel in rat heart: novel mechanism of drug action", Pflügers Archiv-European Journal of Physiology, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Overdose and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of telmisartan:
- Overdose and drugs with ingredients of telmisartan (160 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Micardis:
- Micardis (26,639 reports)
Common Micardis side effects:
Browse all side effects of Micardis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Overdose treatments and more:
- Overdose (194,798 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Overdose:
- Overdose in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Overdose in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Overdose in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Overdose:
All the drugs that are associated with Overdose:
- Overdose (2,855 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Overdose:
All the conditions that are associated with Overdose:
- Overdose (2,397 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on telmisartan (the active ingredients of Micardis) and Micardis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Parkinsonism Aggravated and moderna covid vaccine - now
- Hypothyroidism and Parkinsonism Aggravated - a second ago
- Fish Oil and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Haemodialysis Complication - 5 seconds ago
- Elavil and Lopurin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lasix and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Depression Aggravated and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 17 seconds ago
- Votrient and Joint Pain - 19 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Hair Color Changes - 21 seconds ago
- Pregabalin and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 21 seconds ago