Milk of magnesia and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Milk of magnesia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Milk of magnesia and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,770 people who have side effects when taking Milk of magnesia from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Milk of magnesia.
Among them, 181 people (2.06%) have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
What is Milk of magnesia?
Milk of magnesia has active ingredients of magnesium hydroxide. It is often used in constipation. eHealthMe is studying from 8,991 Milk of magnesia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) is found to be associated with 2,701 drugs and 2,009 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Milk of magnesia and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Milk of magnesia when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Milk of magnesia*:
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Milk of magnesia *:
Common drugs people take besides Milk of magnesia *:
Common side effects people have besides Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Milk of magnesia and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?Check whether Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of magnesium hydroxide:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and drugs with ingredients of magnesium hydroxide (196 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Milk of magnesia:
- Milk of magnesia (8,991 reports)
Common Milk of magnesia side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 1,074 reports
- Constipation: 730 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 645 reports
- Weakness: 625 reports
- Diarrhea: 614 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 608 reports
- Pain: 568 reports
Browse all side effects of Milk of magnesia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatments and more:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (180,000 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Spiriva: 7,121 reports
- Prednisone: 5,692 reports
- Symbicort: 4,676 reports
- Aspirin: 4,628 reports
- Albuterol: 3,918 reports
- Fosamax: 2,947 reports
- Furosemide: 2,933 reports
- Lasix: 2,829 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,490 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,415 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,701 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,895 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,472 reports
- Asthma: 3,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,274 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,009 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on magnesium hydroxide (the active ingredients of Milk of magnesia) and Milk of magnesia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Marijuana and Fluphenazine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Vasotec drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Enalapril Maleate And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Sertraline - 3 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Acute Kidney Failure - 3 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Renal Failure - Acute - 3 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Thrombocytopenia - 3 seconds ago
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Failure To Thrive - 7 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Biktarvy drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Cardizem Cd vs. Torsemide - 9 seconds ago
- Gemcitabine and Carbohydrate Antigen 125 Increased - 9 seconds ago