Miralax and Escherichia infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Escherichia infection is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Miralax and have Escherichia infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 71,894 people who have side effects when taking Miralax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
71,894 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax.
Among them, 36 people (0.05%) have Escherichia infection.
What is Miralax?
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. eHealthMe is studying from 67,554 Miralax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Escherichia infection?
Escherichia infection (bacterial infection by escherichia coli) is found to be associated with 1,233 drugs and 791 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Miralax and Escherichia infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Miralax when people have Escherichia infection *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Escherichia infection when taking Miralax *:
- female: 72.22 %
- male: 27.78 %
Age of people who have Escherichia infection when taking Miralax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.86 %
- 10-19: 20.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.57 %
- 50-59: 22.86 %
- 60+: 45.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Miralax *:
- Aspirin: 9 people, 25.00%
- Synthroid: 8 people, 22.22%
- Levaquin: 8 people, 22.22%
- Lyrica: 8 people, 22.22%
- Lasix: 8 people, 22.22%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 8 people, 22.22%
- Acetaminophen: 7 people, 19.44%
- Nystatin: 7 people, 19.44%
- Lisinopril: 7 people, 19.44%
- Ibuprofen: 6 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Escherichia infection *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 10 people, 27.78%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 8 people, 22.22%
- Back Pain: 8 people, 22.22%
- Weakness: 8 people, 22.22%
- Fever: 8 people, 22.22%
- Pain: 8 people, 22.22%
- Coughing Up Blood: 7 people, 19.44%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 7 people, 19.44%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 6 people, 16.67%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 4 people, 11.11%
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 4 people, 11.11%
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (abnormal intestinal contractions): 4 people, 11.11%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 11.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 11.11%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 4 people, 11.11%
- Obstructive Airways Disorder (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 4 people, 11.11%
- Pain: 4 people, 11.11%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 4 people, 11.11%
- Inflammation: 4 people, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Miralax and have Escherichia infection?Check whether Escherichia infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Escherichia infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Miralax:
- Miralax (67,554 reports)
Common Miralax side effects:
Browse all side effects of Miralax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Escherichia infection treatments and more:
- Escherichia infection (8,441 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Escherichia infection:
- Escherichia infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Escherichia infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Escherichia infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Escherichia infection:
All the drugs that are associated with Escherichia infection:
- Escherichia infection (1,233 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Escherichia infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Escherichia infection:
- Escherichia infection (791 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on polyethylene glycol 3350 (the active ingredients of Miralax) and Miralax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ampicillin And Sulbactam and Swallowing Difficulty - now
- Vectical and Psoriasis - 4 seconds ago
- Nicorette and Dental Caries - 7 seconds ago
- Lasix and Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Skin - 16 seconds ago
- Diflucan and Abdominal Tenderness - 17 seconds ago
- Aldurazyme and Blood Pressure Systolic Increased - 21 seconds ago
- Saccharomyces and Lamivudine drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Bydureon Bcise and Doxycycline drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Univasc and Haemoglobin Decreased - 26 seconds ago
- Singulair and Prasugrel drug interaction - 27 seconds ago