Miralax and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zofran, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,462 people who have side effects when taking Miralax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
45,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax.
Among them, 2,401 people (5.28%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Miralax when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 52.08 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Miralax *:
- female: 63.15 %
- male: 36.85 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Miralax *:
- 0-1: 0.33 %
- 2-9: 2.25 %
- 10-19: 3.67 %
- 20-29: 2.25 %
- 30-39: 4.87 %
- 40-49: 12.92 %
- 50-59: 15.83 %
- 60+: 57.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 342 people, 14.24%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 267 people, 11.12%
- Stress And Anxiety: 132 people, 5.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 131 people, 5.46%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 129 people, 5.37%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zofran: 382 people, 15.91%
- Colace: 374 people, 15.58%
- Zometa: 322 people, 13.41%
- Protonix: 298 people, 12.41%
- Ambien: 291 people, 12.12%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 847 people, 35.28%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 721 people, 30.03%
- Pain: 599 people, 24.95%
- Breathing Difficulty: 510 people, 21.24%
- Stress And Anxiety: 454 people, 18.91%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue while taking Miralax?
You are not alone:
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Miralax 46,067 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 491,634 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,383 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,463 conditions)
Miralax side effects
- Miralax side effects (45,480 reports)
Browse all side effects of Miralaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Thyroid Operation with Milk Of Magnesia? - now
- Lidocaine Viscous and Herceptin drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Back Injury with Itraconazole? - 2 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Celecoxib drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Head with Dexamethasone? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Lasix, Pradaxa - 59 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Suboxone, Crestor, Magnesium Glycinate, Valium, Aspirin - an hour ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Crestor, Valium, Aspirin - an hour ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Reglan, Unisom, Phenergan, Lexapro, Protonix - an hour ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Enbrel - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.