Miralax and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Colace, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Miralax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,362 people who have side effects when taking Miralax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
35,362 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax.
Among them, 1,933 people (5.47%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Miralax when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 47.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.57 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.76 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Miralax *:
- female: 64.44 %
- male: 35.56 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Miralax *:
- 0-1: 0.33 %
- 2-9: 2.42 %
- 10-19: 3.67 %
- 20-29: 2.23 %
- 30-39: 4.85 %
- 40-49: 13.96 %
- 50-59: 16.25 %
- 60+: 56.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 297 people, 15.36%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 212 people, 10.97%
- Stress And Anxiety: 114 people, 5.90%
- Depression: 109 people, 5.64%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 104 people, 5.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Colace: 318 people, 16.45%
- Zofran: 312 people, 16.14%
- Zometa: 307 people, 15.88%
- Ambien: 275 people, 14.23%
- Protonix: 271 people, 14.02%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 731 people, 37.82%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 594 people, 30.73%
- Pain: 543 people, 28.09%
- Breathing Difficulty: 446 people, 23.07%
- Stress And Anxiety: 420 people, 21.73%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Miralax and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Miralax 35,966 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,340 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,400 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. (2,361 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Miralax from FDA and eHealthMe reports (1,956 reports)
Miralax side effects
- Miralax side effects (35,380 reports)
Browse all side effects of Miralaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Miralax and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Miralax
Can you answer these questions
- Any body else experiencing weakness and extreme fatigue? How long will it take to get my energy back?
- Arrythmia caused by constipation. Can manage using miralax taken with food.
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
You may be interested in these posts
- Been on ortho tri cyclen for one month. It has been helping my acne but I am SO SO tired all the time!
- extreme fatigue with taking entresto almost considering going off of it
- Mom is 100 and Xarelto has made her have fatigue
- For the last couple months I have been desperate to find an answer to my issue. Around the time of my menstrual cycle I will sleep for days on end and it's difficult to wake me up. It is affecting my family and marriage. Please help
- Second day on levofloxacin. I immediately experienced extreme fatigue...even more than usual. Also weakness in my legs. My comorbidities are Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia with doubling lymphocyte counts but no treatment yet. Also cardiac issues... pacemaker and ablation a year ago. Both...
- Sulfasalazine and Chamomile drug interaction
- Will you have Pupil Fixed with Accutane?
- Will you have Keratitis Sclerosing with Omeprazole?
- Will you have Hypertensive Crisis with Abilify?
- Will you have Vitiligo with Allergic Rhinitis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and Chamomile
- Support group for people who take Accutane and have Pupil Fixed?
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Keratitis Sclerosing?
- Support group for people who take Abilify and have Hypertensive Crisis?
- Support group for people who have Allergic Rhinitis and Vitiligo?
- What to expect when you take Sulfasalazine and Chamomile
- What to expect when you take Accutane and have Pupil Fixed?
- What to expect when you take Omeprazole and have Keratitis Sclerosing?
- What to expect when you take Abilify and have Hypertensive Crisis?
- What to expect when you have Allergic Rhinitis and Vitiligo?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.