Who have Obesity with Miralax - from FDA reports
Obesity is found among people who take Miralax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Protonix, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,462 people who have side effects when taking Miralax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
45,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Miralax.
Among them, 98 people (0.22%) have Obesity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Miralax when people have Obesity *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Obesity when taking Miralax *:
- female: 62.24 %
- male: 37.76 %
Age of people who have Obesity when taking Miralax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.28 %
- 20-29: 1.28 %
- 30-39: 20.51 %
- 40-49: 17.95 %
- 50-59: 19.23 %
- 60+: 39.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 13 people, 13.27%
- Depression: 11 people, 11.22%
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 9.18%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 9.18%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 8 people, 8.16%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protonix: 44 people, 44.90%
- Zometa: 41 people, 41.84%
- Ambien: 38 people, 38.78%
- Lasix: 33 people, 33.67%
- Decadron: 31 people, 31.63%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 53 people, 54.08%
- Stress And Anxiety: 50 people, 51.02%
- Weakness: 48 people, 48.98%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 43 people, 43.88%
- Fever: 41 people, 41.84%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Obesity while taking Miralax?
You are not alone:
Miralax has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Miralax 46,067 users)
Obesity (a medical condition in which excess body fat) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 35,042 Obesity patients).
Drugs that are associated with ObesityObesity (2,247 drugs)
Could your condition cause ObesityObesity (1,798 conditions)
Miralax side effects
- Miralax side effects (45,480 reports)
Browse all side effects of Miralaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Taste - Impaired with Eovist? - now
- Will you have Metallic Taste with Eovist? - now
- Will you have Dysgeusia with Eovist? - now
- Will you have Loss Of Taste with Eovist? - now
- Will you have Facial Swelling with Docetaxel? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Nuvaring, Zyrtec - an hour ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Zofran, Protonix, Ibu, Zantac - an hour ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Florinef, Corlanor - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Sudafed, Vyvanse - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.