Mirena and Ureaplasma infection - from FDA reports
Ureaplasma infection is reported only by a few people who take Mirena. We study 98,847 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA. Among them, 2 have Ureaplasma infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Ureaplasma infection and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
98,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Ureaplasma infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirena when people have Ureaplasma infection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ureaplasma infection when taking Mirena *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Ureaplasma infection when taking Mirena *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vaginal Discharge: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vulvovaginal Mycotic Infection (vulvovaginal fungal infection): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Meningioma (a diverse set of tumours arising from the meninges): 1 person, 50.00%
- Coital Bleeding (bleeding after sexual intercourse): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Mirena and have Ureaplasma infection?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Ureaplasma infection
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Mirena 100,169 users)
Ureaplasma infection has been reported by people with hiv infection, immunodeficiency disorders, crohn's disease, staphylococcal infection, bacterial infection (latest reports from 65 Ureaplasma infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Ureaplasma infectionUreaplasma infection (41 drugs)
Could your condition cause Ureaplasma infectionUreaplasma infection (34 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUreaplasma infection and drugs with ingredients of levonorgestrel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUreaplasma infection and Mirena from FDA and eHealthMe reports (2 reports)
Mirena side effects
- Mirena side effects (98,905 reports)
Browse all side effects of Mirenaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Mirena and have Ureaplasma Infection
- Support group for people who have Ureaplasma Infection
- Support group for people who take Mirena
Can you answer these questions
- Extremely high blood pressure, kidney infection, kidney stones, extreme anxiety and depression
- I want to know if anyone has had disc degeneration after having the Mirena in for awhile?
- Can I develop fluids while on the IUD?
- I have had my mirena inserted now for just over 5 years and after about a year or so I developed a photosensitivity. I have never had a problem in the sun and am attributing it from my mirena. Has anyone else had this problem? I am having it removed on Friday and I am hoping I will be able to...
- I had the Mirena IUD for approx. 5 years. During that time I experienced the following: extreme fatigue, significant weight gain, inability to lose weight despite diet and exercise, hair loss, acne, joint pain, insulin resistance (pre diabetes), foggy thinking, irritability, and swelling in...
You may be interested in these posts
- Currently using the Mirena IUD since March 2015, this is my 4th Mirena IUD. I have developed a few new diseases/disorders over the last year, 1. being psoriasis not sure if it is a contribution to the IUD, and the most recent was this week an Elevated Ferritin level. Looking to see if others...
- I had my son March 2010 and Mirena was placed in me in June 2010. Had my first grand mal seizure in June 2010. I ended up having Mirena removed and have had seizures since having it. Mind you though, I NEVER had seizures before having Mirena and the nuerologist have done so many tests and have...
- Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago and haven’t been feeling right since!
- I had Mirena inserted 1.5 yrs back for heavy menustrual bleeding and spotting. I m 46 yrs old.
- I am in a placenta previa group of Facebook and we did a survey. So many of us had used the mirena. I strongly believe there is a link.
- Will you have Radiation Leukopenia with Gale-Wind Grass?
- Will you have Libido Disorder with Gleevec?
- Aspirin and Krystexxa drug interaction
- Paxil and Ifex drug interaction
- Will you have Caffeine Overdose with Benazepril Hydrochloride?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Gale-Wind Grass and have Radiation Leukopenia?
- Support group for people who take Gleevec and have Libido Disorder?
- Support group for people who take Aspirin and Krystexxa
- Support group for people who take Paxil and Ifex
- Support group for people who take Benazepril Hydrochloride and have Caffeine Overdose?
- What to expect when you take Gale-Wind Grass and have Radiation Leukopenia?
- What to expect when you take Gleevec and have Libido Disorder?
- What to expect when you take Aspirin and Krystexxa
- What to expect when you take Paxil and Ifex
- What to expect when you take Benazepril Hydrochloride and have Caffeine Overdose?
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Carafate, Doxylamine Succinate
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Rosuvastatin Calcium
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Memantine Hydrochloride And Donepezil Hydrochloride
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Alprazolam, Synthroid, Tramadol
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Paracetamol, Pregabalin, Hypericum Perforatum
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.