Mitomycin and Cauda equina syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cauda equina syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Mitomycin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mitomycin and have Cauda equina syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,952 people who have side effects while taking Mitomycin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,952 people reported to have side effects when taking Mitomycin.
Among them, 3 people (0.08%) have Cauda equina syndrome.
What is Mitomycin?
Mitomycin has active ingredients of mitomycin. eHealthMe is studying from 3,964 Mitomycin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cauda equina syndrome?
Cauda equina syndrome (affecting the bundle of nerve roots) is found to be associated with 450 drugs and 221 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mitomycin and Cauda equina syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cauda equina syndrome when taking Mitomycin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Cauda equina syndrome when taking Mitomycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Mitomycin *:
- Gemcitabine: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ondansetron: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Cauda equina syndrome *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 3 people, 100.00%
- Metastases To Central Nervous System (cancer spreads to central nervous system): 3 people, 100.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 3 people, 100.00%
- Urination - Excessive Volume: 2 people, 66.67%
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 2 people, 66.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 66.67%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 66.67%
- Cough: 2 people, 66.67%
- Disease Progression: 2 people, 66.67%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Transitional Cell Carcinoma (cancer tumour inner most layer of urinary system): 2 people, 66.67%
- Urination - Excessive Volume: 1 person, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 33.33%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 1 person, 33.33%
- Bladder Cancer: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mitomycin and have Cauda equina syndrome?Check whether Cauda equina syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cauda equina syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mitomycin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mitomycin:
- Mitomycin (3,964 reports)
Common Mitomycin side effects:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 343 reports
- Diarrhea: 249 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 240 reports
- Fever: 194 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 178 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 168 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 154 reports
Browse all side effects of Mitomycin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cauda equina syndrome treatments and more:
- Cauda equina syndrome (1,019 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cauda equina syndrome:
- Cauda equina syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cauda equina syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cauda equina syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Cauda equina syndrome:
- Cauda equina syndrome (450 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Cauda equina syndrome:
- Cauda equina syndrome (221 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mitomycin (the active ingredients of Mitomycin) and Mitomycin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Albuterol Sulfate and Eczema - now
- Visudyne and Swelling - now
- Valproic Acid and Traumatic Injury Of The Bladder And Urethra - 2 seconds ago
- Metrogel and Diclofenac Potassium drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Leukine and Gentamicin Sulfate drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Fentanyl-100 and Stress Urinary Incontinence - 15 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Montelukast Sodium drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome and Leukocytosis - 18 seconds ago
- Lanoxin and Nph Iletin I drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Blunted Affect - 23 seconds ago