Mobic and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Mobic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Mobic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,440 people who have side effects when taking Mobic from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
17,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic.
Among them, 485 people (2.78%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mobic when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 4.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.83 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.17 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic *:
- female: 77.41 %
- male: 22.59 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.99 %
- 30-39: 5.91 %
- 40-49: 11.82 %
- 50-59: 33.5 %
- 60+: 47.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (94 people, 19.38%)
- Osteoporosis (78 people, 16.08%)
- High Blood Pressure (73 people, 15.05%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (49 people, 10.10%)
- Stress And Anxiety (38 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (205 people, 42.27%)
- Nexium (170 people, 35.05%)
- Ambien (144 people, 29.69%)
- Prilosec (129 people, 26.60%)
- Aredia (128 people, 26.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (234 people, 48.25%)
- Diarrhea (175 people, 36.08%)
- High Blood Pressure (170 people, 35.05%)
- Fatigue (155 people, 31.96%)
- Nausea (154 people, 31.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gerd when taking Mobic?
- Check symptoms - is gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGerd and drugs with ingredients of meloxicam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Mobic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mobic has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Mobic 18,912 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,266 Gerd patients).
Browse all side effects of Mobica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd
Could your condition cause GerdGerd
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been misdiagnosed with drug induced lupus, yet take none of the meds they have on the list. My blood tests were strong positive for dils but negtive for systemic lupus. Confused because I don't take meds that they have on the list and have all symptoms of lupus and or rheumatoid arthritis.
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.