Mobic and Hair loss - from FDA reports
Hair loss is found among people who take Mobic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Hair loss with Mobic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,440 people who have side effects when taking Mobic from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 31, 2017
17,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic.
Among them, 175 people (1.0%) have Hair loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mobic when people have Hair loss *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Mobic *:
- female: 79.17 %
- male: 20.83 %
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Mobic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.82 %
- 30-39: 9.92 %
- 40-49: 6.87 %
- 50-59: 30.53 %
- 60+: 48.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (21 people, 12.00%)
- Depression (16 people, 9.14%)
- Metastases To Bone (15 people, 8.57%)
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 7.43%)
- Heart Transplant (11 people, 6.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec (22 people, 12.57%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 12.57%)
- Synthroid (20 people, 11.43%)
- Cymbalta (20 people, 11.43%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 10.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (43 people, 24.57%)
- Joint Pain (36 people, 20.57%)
- Fever (31 people, 17.71%)
- Appetite - Decreased (27 people, 15.43%)
- Hypoaesthesia (26 people, 14.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hair loss when taking Mobic?
- Check symptoms - is hair loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHair loss and drugs with ingredients of meloxicam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHair loss and Mobic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mobic has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Mobic 18,913 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 92,007 Hair loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Mobica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hair lossHair loss
Could your condition cause Hair lossHair loss
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2014 Jan .
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I’m in shock. I’ve been looking for reason my hair is falling out. I’ve had lots of blood work. NOTHING. Now I see it may be caused by Fentanyl. This is not on their side effects list. I’m beside myself.
Hello everyone my name is chip. l just need to know is there help at 59 to get my hair back. lM wearing wigs which l thought l would never wear. My hair is about 20 strings. I'm so sad skin clears but l loss all my hair. please help me please. Tell me your experience with cosentyx. Do you ...
I have been on Tecfidera for over a year, yes I have hair loss . I did call the company on it, and they say it is not a side effect. Maybe people on Tec do lose but they do not call it in. So it will not be known to the makers of this drug to list as a side effect, do you agree ??? I know I ...
I have taken senna nightly after being diagnosed with IBS-C. It was the only thing that gave me relief. After a few months I noticed my hair changed in texture and began fallling out. I didnt put it together and have every blood test and im fine. Has anyone else experienced hair loss from Senna? ...