Modafinil and Epididymitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Epididymitis is reported only by a few people who take Modafinil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Modafinil and have Epididymitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,746 people who have side effects while taking Modafinil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Modafinil.
Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Epididymitis.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 17,547 Modafinil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Epididymitis?
Epididymitis (pain in the scrotum or testicle) is found to be associated with 695 drugs and 364 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Modafinil and Epididymitis reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Epididymitis when taking Modafinil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Modafinil *:
- Xyrem: 1 person, 25.00%
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride: 1 person, 25.00%
- Omeprazole: 1 person, 25.00%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 25.00%
- Flonase Allergy Relief: 1 person, 25.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Epididymitis *:
- Testicular Pain (pain in testes): 3 people, 75.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 1 person, 25.00%
- Snoring: 1 person, 25.00%
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (a sleep disorder that involves cessation or significant decrease in airflow in the presence of breathing effort): 1 person, 25.00%
- Nicotine Dependence: 1 person, 25.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 25.00%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 1 person, 25.00%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 25.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Modafinil and have Epididymitis?Check whether Epididymitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Epididymitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of modafinil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Modafinil:
- Modafinil (17,547 reports)
Common Modafinil side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,589 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,140 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,106 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,101 reports
- Depression: 1,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,000 reports
- Dizziness: 897 reports
Browse all side effects of Modafinil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Epididymitis treatments and more:
- Epididymitis (2,138 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Epididymitis:
- Epididymitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Epididymitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Epididymitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Epididymitis:
- Prednisone: 109 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Epididymitis:
- Epididymitis (695 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Epididymitis:
- Epididymitis (364 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on modafinil (the active ingredients of Modafinil) and Modafinil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lidocaine and Drug Toxicity - 3 seconds ago
- Valproate Sodium and Drug Toxicity - 4 seconds ago
- Simvastatin and Drug Toxicity - 6 seconds ago
- Concerta and Application Site Irritation - 8 seconds ago
- Nicotine and Drug Toxicity - 10 seconds ago
- Keppra and Drug Toxicity - 11 seconds ago
- Zidovudine and Drug Toxicity - 15 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Drug Toxicity - 20 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Drug Toxicity - 21 seconds ago
- Lanoxin and Drug Toxicity - 25 seconds ago