Modafinil and Femur fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Femur fracture is found among people who take Modafinil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Modafinil and have Femur fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,746 people who have side effects when taking Modafinil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Modafinil.
Among them, 18 people (0.11%) have Femur fracture.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 17,563 Modafinil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Femur fracture?
Femur fracture is found to be associated with 1,992 drugs and 1,363 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Modafinil and Femur fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Femur fracture when taking Modafinil *:
- female: 82.35 %
- male: 17.65 %
Age of people who have Femur fracture when taking Modafinil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Modafinil *:
- Xyrem: 7 people, 38.89%
- Tecfidera: 4 people, 22.22%
- Vitamin C: 4 people, 22.22%
- Adderall: 3 people, 16.67%
- Klor-Con: 3 people, 16.67%
- Ampyra: 3 people, 16.67%
- Levaquin: 2 people, 11.11%
- Glucophage: 2 people, 11.11%
- Duoneb: 2 people, 11.11%
- Effexor: 2 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Femur fracture *:
- Fall: 10 people, 55.56%
- Movement - Uncoordinated: 3 people, 16.67%
- Traumatic Injury Of The Bladder And Urethra: 2 people, 11.11%
- Family Stress: 1 person, 5.56%
- Injection Site Pain: 1 person, 5.56%
- Infection: 1 person, 5.56%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 5.56%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 1 person, 5.56%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 5.56%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 1 person, 5.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 27.78%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 4 people, 22.22%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 11.11%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 11.11%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 5.56%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 5.56%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 5.56%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 1 person, 5.56%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.56%
- Depression: 1 person, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Modafinil and have Femur fracture?Check whether Femur fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Femur fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of modafinil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Modafinil:
- Modafinil (17,563 reports)
Common Modafinil side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,589 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,140 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,106 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,101 reports
- Depression: 1,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,000 reports
- Dizziness: 897 reports
- Drowsiness: 887 reports
Browse all side effects of Modafinil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Femur fracture treatments and more:
- Femur fracture (42,467 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Femur fracture:
- Femur fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Femur fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Femur fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Femur fracture:
- Fosamax: 21,043 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 7,655 reports
- Boniva: 3,272 reports
- Vitamins: 2,796 reports
- Prednisone: 2,162 reports
- Actonel: 2,028 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,819 reports
- Humira: 1,537 reports
- Aspirin: 1,504 reports
- Enbrel: 1,491 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Femur fracture:
- Femur fracture (1,992 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Femur fracture:
- Osteoporosis: 17,995 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,152 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,961 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,147 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 914 reports
- Pain: 862 reports
- Hypothyroidism: 860 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Femur fracture:
- Femur fracture (1,363 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on modafinil (the active ingredients of Modafinil) and Modafinil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cimzia and Renal Failure Acute - 3 seconds ago
- Zyvox and Atelectasis - 45 seconds ago
- Ibrance and Escitalopram drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hydralazine Hydrochloride and Spironolactone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Nexium and Electrolyte Imbalance - a minute ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Tamsulosin drug interaction - a minute ago
- How effective is Provigil for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? - a minute ago
- Levaquin and Etravirine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zyrtec and Bee Pollen drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Vicodin and Facial Neuralgia - 2 minutes ago